What's on your hip right now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My 4" is a Thunder Ranch, as well. I was fairly lucky because I seem to have gotten one of the few of them that had a good trigger pull from the factory.
I didn't luck out so well with my 5 1/2" however, as that gun has not got a good pull at all.

Well, great minds think alike, huh?

Mine (in my limited S&W experience) has a pretty nice trigger pull, but it wasn't new either. Great shooter, very accurate. My wife gave it to me for a wedding present. :w000t: I picked it up for ~$475, looked like it could have been unfired, just had a couple tiny handling marks on it.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the moment...I have my Taurus 606 (6-shot .357 snubby revolver) in a Fist, IWB holster. It's now day two with this rig & I think I like it! I feel more at ease knowing that I "have enough gun" versus my previous daily carry of a Colt Pocket .25. Usually, I'ld come home and switch that out for my .45...but the .357 is working pretty good. It's not as comfy as my 1911, but it's not as uncomfortable as my Glock was.
And, I always have my trusty Kershaw clipped on.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Relax, you guys! :giveup:
I take my P89 to the farm & fishing. I've been spending a lot of time on the tractor building up a pond dam & mowing weeds & brush in the pastures with the brush hog. The Fobus is not compatable with a tractor seat. I dug through my holster drawer & found a nylon holster of some kind that works much better. I suppose that I should buy a leather one someday, but I really never think about it much. The Ruger goes back in the safe when I get home & comes out whenever I go back to the great outdoors. I guess it's a cut & dried case of "Outta' Sight, Outta' Mind"! :D

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, great minds think alike, huh?

So it would seem.

Mine (in my limited S&W experience) has a pretty nice trigger pull, but it wasn't new either. Great shooter, very accurate. My wife gave it to me for a wedding present. :w000t: I picked it up for ~$475, looked like it could have been unfired, just had a couple tiny handling marks on it.
My 5 1/2 (I'll call it my M1950) is very unusual in that it has a rotten trigger pull. Most Smiths have a pull that even when new is pretty darned good, and only improves with time as the mechanism breaks in. But this M1950 for some reason is the exception to the rule.
I am thinking quite seriously of sending it to the Performance Center, and seeing what they can do.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm in a UBG Canute

Today its S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special in a Don Hume JIT Slide (best little overlooked holster)

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P6300010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom