What's one thing you know now, that you wished you had known as a kid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the "cheap" S&W's

Take that enlistment bonus and spend on Amazon's IPO

Stay in Honduras a few extra months in '99, might've kept me away from paying my ex wife thousands of dollars over many years

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Compulsive investment. If I wouldve invested my bonuses during my time at CHK, there is a good chance I would be retiring before I was 50 and definitely before I turned 60. Or I could've bought the land I always wanted and it wouldve been paid off by now and worth much more than the purchase price.

I also wish I wouldve matured a little more quickly and enlisted straight out of high school. At the time, growing up in a house being yelled at all the time left me with no interest to officially sign up for more of the same. In hindsight, it wouldve done me a lot of good and I think I wouldve really thrived in that environment making memories that nothing else can replicate.

ETA:: I am not sure I could even go back and convince myself to invest rather than blow it all. I was on a conscious tear to make sure I didnt see 40 so it seemed silly to plan for anything past that. Now I invest as much as I can and leave only a very small amount for fun stuff so I can hopefully make up for lost time and still retire before I am 60.

Latest posts

Top Bottom