What's one thing you know now, that you wished you had known as a kid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Linda was not only hot but going to be very successful.

Sheryl was going to move away.

Anne was going to be killed by a combine

If I didn't have two absolutely fantastic grand kids to stay away from Jackie.

Oh yeah, and to buy the dark bright blue metallic 73 GMC Sprint with the 454 and 4 bbl instead of the green Ford Ranchero.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are way too many to list, but that's life. We all make mistakes, and Lord knows I've made plenty. Have also made some good choices. Perhaps it all balances out in the end. Regrets are futile. Biggest mistake was not continuing doing what I loved, instead of thinking thought I needed a college degree.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading everyone's post. I think by following my upbringing I should have made a living with my hands. I would have enjoyed it more than the desk job I have. Granted this job has bought and payed for my current GREAT life, but something about building and fixing that is so satisfying. @O4L you nailed it Mom and Dad really were smart.
I love my work. Construction, worked with my hands and body every day . Now at 55 My hands and body remind me every moment of the day that working your butt off every day will eventually hurt! All-over .

So I guess I should have stayed in the military and retired at 41 instead of getting out .

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
45's worked on by Teddy Jacobsen, would be more sot after than you thought and send as many as you can.

Dad's going to make a trip to Heaven in your 30's, so when he wakes you up at 14 on Saturday Morning to go Duck Hunting, get up and don't sleep in.

When that Marine recruiter comes to talk to you at school Junior year, listen and join. Screw chasing women and beer money.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I love my work. Construction, worked with my hands and body every day . Now at 55 My hands and body remind me every moment of the day that working your butt off every day will eventually hurt! All-over .
Same for me. I really enjoyed building homes but it wore my body out a little sooner than I would have liked.

Now I am a part time desk jockey and I don't like it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had known that my parents,,,
Really didn't know Jack-Squat about anything,,,
And that most of their "life Advice" came from their redneck roots.

They were good people with loving hearts,,,
But they had no idea how the world really worked.

Despite the fact that my step-dad went to work every day,,,
We were as poor as a family of church mice,,,
And conditioned by him to stay that way.

"College ain't for the likes of us boy."

I should have listened to my teachers,,,
They at least, recommended going to a trade school.

The only thing that saved me was when I drew #6 in the 2nd draft lottery,,,
Scoring a slot in a high-tech USAF career field and excelling in it,,,
Taught me that my destiny wasn't in swinging a hammer.

Aarond

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem with vehicles is the cost of storage over time can eat up the value…that and the fact that they are in a constant state of decay which goes back to needing to store them somewhere to protect from that. Granted if you had bought a couple of superbirds, shelby mustangs and first gen z28 Camaros and kept them is papas barn for decades…doesn’t matter how much the rats chewed the wires those things would still be worth a fortune lol.

honestly just parking any extra money in the s&p 500 would have been the deal. Nothing to worry about just watch it go up constantly.
Agree - seals and lots of maintenance.. Gold 🤷‍♂️😉

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Should have kept at least one classic car. Redline Hot Wheels were fun to blow up with firecrackers,but…baseball cards used in bicycle wheels,but…precious metals, vintage firearms. Just a few things that were inexpensive at the time but worth 10’s of thousands today.
Wish I would have bought land when it could be had for a few hundred an acre.

Latest posts

Top Bottom