What's up with the Nutsedge this year??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who says it will only yellow sedge is full of bull. RTFM!!! It will take multiple applications and will absolutley kill nutsedge.

The label on mine got wet so the paper is unreadable. Here is a link to a PDF version of for Weed Hoe 108. You need to read the correct one though. This is a good generic starting point.

http://wci.colostate.edu/assets/pdf/labels/grasses/herbicide/weed-hoe108.pdf

I usually use 1.5 ounces per gallon. 2 max!! Measured not eyeballed too.

2 will stunt your Bermuda with the heat we will be getting later this week.

MSMA was taken off the market because it contains arsenic so if you don't already have it there are more reasonably obtained options as mentioned above.

I also wonder what kind of chemical breakdown it has over time.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father claims to have gotten the nutsedge under control by increasing soil pH with an annual spread of lime. Non toxic too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
MSMA will only yellow nutsedge, do you guys listen? Buy Dismiss or the active ingredient Sulfentrazone.

Commercial applicator with years and years of experience and @ 700 of the best looking yards in OKC metro.

But by sedgehammer and then go buy Dismiss when it doesnt work.

Actually I do listen, I'm an auditory learner, but still capable of some reading comprehension. Go back and read the thread. MSMA was brought up in the thread as to it's availability and effectiveness on crabgrass, and I mentioned I still had some. Nowhere did he or I say that it kills nutsedge. If the sedgehammer wouldn't have worked I would have said so and not recommended it. Obviously you had different results.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I have a yard full of it. And image hasn't phased it. :pissed:

Does it last longer than Bermuda? If so ill roundup it after the Bermuda goes to sleep. My yard took a pounding last year with the drought, migration of my neighbors weeds and grubs. Better this year but still got work to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom