What's your favorite pizza joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Guthrie, its Roma's, and back in California, it was La Bella's in Chula Vista

I've never tried their pizza but Roma's has outstanding Italian food, in general.

I haven't eaten there in well over 10 years but Papa Angelos in Bethany was always good and I've heard that is still the case.

My current go-to is All American Pizza. I get a large supreme and a drink for $9.50 and when it's fresh, it blows away the other chain pizzas.

Pizza Shuttle brings back a LOT of memories from my dorm days at OSU.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being from New Jersey, this topic strikes a nerve.....Mazzio's and hideaway are cardboard with crappy sauce on the. They are terrible. Pizza Hut, Domino's and papa johns are what they are...run of the mill chain joints....Dominos has gotten better though. I have tried Humble Pie, and All American...tried them all. They all suck. But, after almost 5 years of exploring I have found fantastic pizza....a couple of New York natives who moved here....Papa Angelo's in Bethany. It's is very good pizza. In Tulsa, there is a place called My Cousin Vinny....also from NY natives. And that's it. Everything else is less edible than dog poop. Thank you for your time.

I agree with mazzios etc all being a joke. However, I worked with a NJ native screaming about Uncle Vinny's in BA and how good I was...tried it a couple of times and it's decent but it wasn't as good as Marios or NYC IMO.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pizza Shuttle, Mazzios, Sandros, and Papa Johns all suck!! Haven't had a good pizza in years.
My buddy ate at All American Pizza and got food poisoning.
Dominos is just Ok. I remember Neds in OKC years ago was great.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Andolinis
Marios or NYC for NY style.
Savastanos for Chicago style.

+1 on this.

I'd add Hideaway for "Okie style" though, whatever that is.

I guess maybe I'd classify it as pizza best eaten with a side of cowboy catsup(ranch dressing).

I'd give Umbertos an honorable mention for quality at affordable prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom