What's Your Side-Hustle or Passive Income? Legit Question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn! Didn't expect to see this many pages. Very interesting read for sure. Appreciate all the responses. Lot's of folks doing lots of different things. Very cool.

My wife and I have really good careers and each been with our respective companys for years. From the time I leave for work til I get home they end up being 14 hour days. Not a lot of time to devote to a side hustle which is why I'm looking for more of a passive income option. Wife, while she makes tons of money but works her azz off doing it, she is wanting a change. She and her sister are looking to open up a vintage/home goods store in downtown Sapulpa. They are both very talented in this space and think they would do very well. While it's not a passive income play it's something that's in the works.

For myself, I have a lot of interest in rental properties consisting of STRs and long term rentals in Stillwater. Doesn't exactly fit with my busy schedule but it's where my focus is currently. If it took off I could retire from my current job and manage the properties well into retirement if I chose to.

Mechanically speaking I can get by but not like a lot of you who can buy old cars or tractors, fixing them up and selling for a nice profit. Wish I knew more to make that work out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ours is only a "side hustle" if one considers that we are retired. Back in 2019, a member here asked if I wanted to be a "professional driver" again, so we ended up with our Summer jobs of surveying road conditions for various states. This is our fifth summer of getting paid to go see new country.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a fascinating thread. I'm a horrible businessman, but I have written quite a bit over the years. For awhile now, as a side job, have been an apprentice at a small engine place, working on the weekends. May try something like that at the first of the year. Probably wind up working part-time elsewhere. Hanging up the spurs after thirty-three years of law practice. Like a lot of folks, fix my own stuff, if I can, hire out when necessary. Picked up the lot next door to my house, and have been pondering what to do with it. Would like for it to make some money, but I'm a little late in life for anything extreme. I knew this group was diversified, but man this thread really shows the quality and capability of everyone here.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My side hustle? I retired from the military and still work.
As far as fixing things, I’m with this…
I hear ya, at this point in my life, I've put in the grind for years to get where I am. Even now my job takes a lot of my time. Small, quick and easy things around the house? Sure. Yard work? Of course. Change an alternator? Maybe.

However, pipes bust, AC, Roof, etc??...... Yeaaaah I'm just going to pay someone that can do it faster and better than me. Life is too short.
I have found that the old stuff I have been keeping alive just took more and more of my time, and busted crap was dictating how my “time off” was spent. Instead of enjoying all my toys, I spent all my time maintaining them. Save all the money you can, for sure, but it won’t buy you a single extra day in the end……

Latest posts

Top Bottom