Wheelchair ramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2012 I built this ramp for my elderly parents in Florida. They have since passed. This was built with treated lumber and everything being screwed together with deck screws.

Might give you and idea or two.

Attachments

• Florida 033.jpg
    Florida 033.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On your pitch, take into consideration the weight of the person in the chair, and the strength of the person pushing. A 40 inch rise is a lot. Have you thought about some kind of lift, or one of those stair chairs? Good luck to you.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2012 I built this ramp for my elderly parents in Florida. They have since passed. This was built with treated lumber and everything being screwed together with deck screws.

Might give you and idea or two.
This is how I built one for my ex muminlaw. By using deck screws, it can be easily adjusted if needed.

Vomar

Marksman
Reaction score
Good advice, all. I've never built a ramp myself, but I've been a chair for 10 years. Had one ramp made of plywood (landlord's 'handyman') that rotted through in about 2 years. The one on the house we live in now is aluminum, and available in different configurations at the home improvement stores.

And, agree with everybody...figure on putting a landing in. Halfway up a steep ramp on a hard day is a bad place to suddenly lose your grip. Also makes a good turn around point for that thing you forgot and left in the car.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom