when nature calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually find a small child wandering about and tell them I'll give them a dollar if they watch my gun for me while I go to the bathroom. Really makes them feel important, and teaches them responsibility.

Before I get anybody jumping all over me....it's a 1911; it has two safeties. I don't even tape the grip safety down anymore because you can never be too safe.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I have to use a public restroom and am carrying, I place it somewhere that I am guaranteed not to forget it. I place it in my pants. You know, when you are "sitting" and your pants are below your knees. That way it's not visible to anyone and I can always see it and remember to reholster it. I tried to be as "ungraphic" (if that's even a word, lol) as possible as to not be gross. Hope it worked. lol.

Unlike you guys, I always gotta sit ... Placing my gun "in my pants" works for me too ...

No ... there will not be a pictorial demonstration forthcoming ...

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually find a small child wandering about and tell them I'll give them a dollar if they watch my gun for me while I go to the bathroom. Really makes them feel important, and teaches them responsibility.

Before I get anybody jumping all over me....it's a 1911; it has two safeties. I don't even tape the grip safety down anymore because you can never be too safe.
Reminds me ...you still owe my kids $4.00 you must have ate tacos that day.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks. I always wanted copenhagen on my screen.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I see in the news were this chuckle head in seattle left his rifle on the trunk deck and drove down the road to get some coffee, I've heard stories (weather true or not) of OHP troopers having to come back to McDonalds on the tpk. to get sidearms left on the floor of the bathroom.

Now, if I can help it, I try not to use public bathrooms to answer when nature calls, but due to the fact I have I.B.S. I don't always have that choice. Id rather not have to return somewhere to collect my "wayward" CCW, aside from the fact that some gutless, whiner is probably gonna end up calling the cops. I'm not worried about having to deal with law enforcement but I don't want to have to hassel with it either. So when I have to hit the stall I hang my commander sized 1911 on the coat hook or if the T.p. dispenser is large enough I'll set it there.

Anyone have any experiances (that they would rather not share but are willing to) or things that they do whenever they have to answer nautre's call and are carring?

Hanging your firearm on the "coat hook" is generally a very bad idea...as is placing it anywhere off body.
Doing so creates a situation where the firearm is more easily overlooked or otherwise forgotten.

And hanging it on a *hook*!?
Through the triggerguard, no less....are you freakin' *serious*!?

I've found that in situations where the weapon must be unholstered that placing it somewhere like the 'crotch hammock' of your pants is the best option because:
a) it then *must* be dealt with
b) it is still accessable if you need it immediately

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shoulder holster means freedom, baby. Wipe sitting, or standing, front to back, back to front, and you're still always ready for action. At home, I like to run around naked while wearing it. Feels good on my skin.

What? It's natural.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just don't forget it when you pull up your pants afterward. Don't really want an accidental discharge in *that* spot, do you?

That would be one ND I would not EVER post up here! lol

A shoulder holster means freedom, baby. Wipe sitting, or standing, front to back, back to front, and you're still always ready for action. At home, I like to run around naked while wearing it. Feels good on my skin.

What? It's natural.

Don't forget to sling your AR-15 accross your back as well. It kinda gives you a back massage while you are running around.

Yeah, that's one major benefit to a shoulder holster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom