Where to go to the ocean in Texas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to Texas with my wife and almost 3 year old daughter. I want to take her to see/swim in the ocean. I thought about Corpus Christie but heard it is nasty. What do you all think. Where would be a good place to take her that is clean and safe?

Please provide some feedback.

Thanks.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
South Padre. End of thread. I lived in Texas for 28 years.

Oh and and if you want to escape the crowds head to Padre Island National Seashore. A 4x4 is a must if you want to travel the entire 70 miles of virgin beach (ie: no development). Tons of wildlife there as well, tons of rattlesnakes in the dunes. Don't worry though there aren't any snakes on the beach. :)

lovetoshoot

Marksman
Reaction score
South Padre. End of thread. I lived in Texas for 28 years.

Oh and and if you want to escape the crowds head to Padre Island National Seashore. :)

One of the nicest places we went when we visited Corpus. Can't believe the difference in the beaches. We had three dolphins start swimming with us while we were there. Truly awesome experience.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1. south padre
2. port aransas
3. corpus
4. matagorda

In that order for most. Myself I would say choose Port A if you are driving. I have been to all a few times and one I make every year for the annual migration of flatties .

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no ocean that touches the TX shore. The nearest oceans proximate to OK are the Atlantic (Eastern Sea Frontier) and Pacific (Western Sea Frontier).

The Gulf of Mexico is nice if you go to South Texas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom