Whitewater River Rafting for the first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just booked my first river trip today. I am taking the wife and kids rafting down the Colorado river. We are all pumped. I have never been before. I hope it will be as fun as I think it will be.
How many of you have done this before?
What did you like and not like?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv done it several times and its super fun! Where are you going? We usually go on the Illinois at a place called Eagle something but i cant remember.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's a blast, we've done the the Colorado (in CO), the Animas and the Rio Grande. Which part of the CO river are you rafting?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't done that stretch, you'll love it wherever you go, kids always have a blast. Doesn't the Colorado River run out of the other corner of CO?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't done that stretch, you'll love it wherever you go, kids always have a blast. Doesn't the Colorado River run out of the other corner of CO?
Comes out of Colorado almost straigh north of Taos. Give or take a little. I have been to the river many times. Just never went down it.

cigman1st

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite memories with my dad was rafting down the Nantahala River in North Carolina. I was 15 and I remember it was a workout. It was the first time he let me drive on a "real" road , and down a mountain at that. He was either really brave or wiped out himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom