Whitewater River Rafting for the first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check water flows before you commit? You could be doing more boulder/gravel dragging than whitewater rafting.
We have been doing this for about two weeks. We knew that the water was down this year. I have been talking to some people we know that live up there, They said it was all good where we are going.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorite memories with my dad was rafting down the Nantahala River in North Carolina. I was 15 and I remember it was a workout. It was the first time he let me drive on a "real" road , and down a mountain at that. He was either really brave or wiped out himself.
My youngest is 15. He is pumped. We are taking a friend of his who has never been out of Oklahoma. He is 15 and has never seen mountains or anything. He is more excited then my kids.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Take lots of pics, ask them if you can hop out for a swim in the calm water, refreshing break from the Oklahoma heat.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We will be going south of Taos NM a little ways. It will be on the Colorado river.

I actually just checked that ride and location for myself. This is a bad time of year to go. The water is down. The class IV section is closed due to low water and you'll spend your time merely dodging rocks. There isn't much whitewater.

Spring is a much better time to go what with all the runoff.

At least, that's what the people in Santa Fe told me. Let us know how it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom