Whitey Bulger ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love AT&T. They bought Direct TV and with the Direct app on my iPhone I can watch full length movies and what has been recorded on our DVR as well with no data usage charged against my phone.
In addition, I have an adapter that is a lightning to HDMI, so in our RV at the lake, we watch movies and the recorded shows we have on the DVR without needing to buy a satellite system.
Home WiFi ties it all together.

I loathe ATT. I loathe them just a tad bit less as long as my cable bill is less than $50 a month. If I had my way we wouldn't even have a tv bill. Because we wouldn't have a tv.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You know I saw this last night and dunno how my post didn't go through. Lol I was just saying it's not very nice to kick a girl when she was down cuz I was sitting there looking at a bottle of Frank Sinatra Select with a heavy heart ... oh, so tempted. But I behaved. Haha! Tonight, however, may be a different story. Bleh.
I hear that Sinatra Select is good stuff but it's a little out of my price range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loathe ATT. I loathe them just a tad bit less as long as my cable bill is less than $50 a month. If I had my way we wouldn't even have a tv bill. Because we wouldn't have a tv.
We live in a zone where AT&T is pretty much all we can get. We have a sprint office in town but everyone that signs up has terrible service. No towers.
I don't know of any cell service that offers no data charges for watching TV 24-7 on a smartphone without data usage charges.
I don't watch much TV either, but have picked up a tad more since retiring.
What is the issue with AT&T? They have been stellar for us after adding a couple of towers in our area that helped our reception.
There is an app called "mark the spot" by AT&T to report poor service. I tore it up for a while and they actually replied to me that they had some technical issues in our area as its a fringe area for them. It's great now, and it works where we travel.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We live in a zone where AT&T is pretty much all we can get. We have a sprint office in town but everyone that signs up has terrible service. No towers.
I don't know of any cell service that offers no data charges for watching TV 24-7 on a smartphone without data usage charges.
I don't watch much TV either, but have picked up a tad more since retiring.
What is the issue with AT&T? They have been stellar for us after adding a couple of towers in our area that helped our reception.
There is an app called "mark the spot" by AT&T to report poor service. I tore it up for a while and they actually replied to me that they had some technical issues in our area as its a fringe area for them. It's great now, and it works where we travel.

It would be easier for me to tell you what's NOT wrong with ATT. It got so bad that I even went on permanent strike as Minister of Finance when it came to dealing with them. I took my name off that account, got a phone with another carrier and the old man deals with them all on his own. I ain't doing it. When they bought Directv I called them and told them take my name off that ****. They were jumping through hoops trying to get me to leave my name on it and to get me to consolidate all our bills onto one statement. We still get three different statements and my name isn't on any of them. Any problems crop up HE can deal with the big black hole that is ATT. My pay grade doesn't cover that ********.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be easier for me to tell you what's NOT wrong with ATT. It got so bad that I even went on permanent strike as Minister of Finance when it came to dealing with them. I took my name off that account, got a phone with another carrier and the old man deals with them all on his own. I ain't doing it. When they bought Directv I called them and told them take my name off that ****. They were jumping through hoops trying to get me to leave my name on it and to get me to consolidate all our bills onto one statement. We still get three different statements and my name isn't on any of them. Any problems crop up HE can deal with the big black hole that is ATT. My pay grade doesn't cover that ********.
OK, you don't like them but why? We have been out of contract for years, and my wife is the master at threatening to leave and getting a sweet deal.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That POS company will never get another dime out of me if I can help it.

We lived in a rural area for five years where they were our only option for t.v. and DSL. EVERY month of that five years we had to call and do battle with them over billing. They would tell us every time it was taken care of and they would not continue to overcharge us. The next bill would be screwed up again. We had conference calls with management a few times and they still wouldn't get their crap together.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, you don't like them but why? We have been out of contract for years, and my wife is the master at threatening to leave and getting a sweet deal.

Because they are a ****ing pain in the ass that's why. Is that plain enough for you?? I think $44/month for their basic plan and a ton of their premium channels is a pretty good deal but hey what do I know. I'm just a grumpy old hag who will only put up with so much **** before I walk. When a CSR tells me if I don't like it I'm welcome to discontinue my service in response to a problem I'm having even getting service that is EXACTLY what I'm gonna do. And I will do without before I go back. If the old man wants to do business with thar company that is HIS business not mine. I walked from Cox when they said that to me and I walked from ATT's phone service when they said it to me. If the old man goes before me I'll cut off everything that is ATT here so fast it he won't even be cold yet. If I go before him, well, he will be used to paying those bills ...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That POS company will never get another dime out of me if I can help it.

We lived in a rural area for five years where they were our only option for t.v. and DSL. EVERY month of that five years we had to call and do battle with them over billing. They would tell us every time it was taken care of and they would not continue to overcharge us. The next bill would be screwed up again. We had conference calls with management a few times and they still wouldn't get their crap together.

EXACTLY. That was the OTHER problem I was having with them. Jesus CHRIST, I lost track of the times a CSR "accidentally" cut me off because they just got tired of dealing with me. I got to where I asked for name and operator number and then a supervisor right off the bat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom