Who’s moving to Tulsa? What’s wrong with this picture?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, me and my wife’s whole family moved here from the outskirts of Portland. Also our good friends and his parents and sister and my parents and grandma. However, we are staunch conservatives and will vote accordingly. You’ve gained roughly 17 red votes from our move. Not everyone leaving liberal hell holes are liberal. And luckily, and don’t take this as if it’s what I believe, there is a stigma that Oklahoma is just flat desert with nothing for scenery. I know west Oklahoma is pretty much open fields. But every state has that including Oregon east of the cascades. My point being that people don’t have Oklahoma on their radar unless they’ve actually researched it like we did and those people tend to be conservative. Most liberals escaping Cali and the west coast are going to Texas, Idaho, Arizona, and Colorado. And for the record, we absolutely love Oklahoma. It’s a beautiful state with wonderful people.

Last edited:

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, for what it’s worth, I’m moving home - back to Oklahoma (south of Tulsa). I never completely left, but have been commenting weekly to Fort Worth, TX and staying in an apartment all week long. I’ve been doing that for over a year for work. While I do have to admit that FW is not terrible, I am glad to be back home full time in ”God’s Country”!

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, me and my wife’s whole family moved here from the outskirts of Portland. Also our good friends and his parents and sister and my parents and grandma. However, we are staunch conservatives and will vote accordingly. You’ve gained roughly 17 red votes from our move. Not everyone leaving liberal hell holes are liberal. And luckily, and don’t take this as if it’s what I believe, there is a stigma that Oklahoma is just flat desert with nothing for scenery. I know west Oklahoma is pretty much open fields. But every state has that including Oregon east of the cascades. My point being that people don’t have Oklahoma on their radar unless they’ve actually researched it like we did and those people tend to be conservative. Most liberals escaping Cali and the west coast are going to Texas, Idaho, Arizona, and Colorado. And for the record, we absolutely love Oklahoma. It’s a beautiful state with wonderful people.
My wife and I also moved here from Eugene area. I am prayerful that the majority of those moving here from the blue states are as staunch red voters as you and I. Unfortunatley, I witnessed first hand what happened to Colorado when many moved there to escape the perils of there previous blue state.
I may be a bit jaded.
I agree Oklahoma is awesome. We picked it because of the political climate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom