Who’s moving to Tulsa? What’s wrong with this picture?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I also moved here from Eugene area. I am prayerful that the majority of those moving here from the blue states are as staunch red voters as you and I. Unfortunatley, I witnessed first hand what happened to Colorado when many moved there to escape the perils of there previous blue state.
I may be a bit jaded.
I agree Oklahoma is awesome. We picked it because of the political climate.
Eugene used to be a nice place. But, it’s a college town. Which means it’s overrun with liberal ideology. Now it’s full of Birkenstock hipsters, homeless, and unintelligent “highly educated” idiots. Sad really

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
being a red voter doesn't qualify as conservative. the center has been moving left and is accelerating.
That is correct. I am a conservative. Unfotunately, we have very few true conservatives that run for office. Hence, I do vote for those that best align with my beliefs, most if not all do not align completely. For instance, i am a staunch Trump supporter, not because he is the perfect candidate, but rather the reaction he garners from the left and the media tells me he is doing something right.
Do I agree with DJT on all of his platform (like banning bump stocks) NO.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone in Boise did a study of people moving to Idaho from out of state (specifically from CA) and found over 80% of new arrivals were registering to vote as republicans.
I'm hoping the people moving in are the sane ones. For the real CA liberal that isn't part of some grand plan to blue the red states, I've got to believe the idea of moving to to OK would be very traumatic, almost terrifying. Which I'm thankful for.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, me and my wife’s whole family moved here from the outskirts of Portland. Also our good friends and his parents and sister and my parents and grandma. However, we are staunch conservatives and will vote accordingly. You’ve gained roughly 17 red votes from our move. Not everyone leaving liberal hell holes are liberal. And luckily, and don’t take this as if it’s what I believe, there is a stigma that Oklahoma is just flat desert with nothing for scenery. I know west Oklahoma is pretty much open fields. But every state has that including Oregon east of the cascades. My point being that people don’t have Oklahoma on their radar unless they’ve actually researched it like we did and those people tend to be conservative. Most liberals escaping Cali and the west coast are going to Texas, Idaho, Arizona, and Colorado. And for the record, we absolutely love Oklahoma. It’s a beautiful state with wonderful people.
Why did you choose Oklahoma?
Why did you leave?
Are most people leaving blue states conservative or liberal?

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
being a red voter doesn't qualify as conservative. the center has been moving left and is accelerating.
As someone who fled from a blue state I find the Republican party to be FAR too liberal.
1696511507032.png

But then again voting itself is a liberal concept.
Hell is a democracy, heaven is a kingdom.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As someone who fled from a blue state I find the Republican party to be FAR too liberal.
View attachment 416580

But then again voting itself is a liberal concept.
Hell is a democracy, heaven is a kingdom.

Here on Earth, a righteously constituted republic is the best. It does, however, require a righteous people and therein is the rub.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom