Who can develop a new defense curriculum designed for schools???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone's talking about putting guns in the hands of teachers, CLEET certification, etc... are there any private companies or individuals who have developed a curriculum specifically for school scenarios? I mean, even if we don't end up allowing guns on school property - ONLY in the hands of trained, properly evaluated and vetted persons - then we still need to implement some kind of defense strategy utilizing both existing equipment and structures, as well as any upgrades that are both financially and logistically feasible in the near future.

Law enforcement and soldiers, as well as personal protective staff train to handle myriad situations... but we are looking to train our teachers, staff and administrators to handle a very specific, very narrow threat to the lives of our children. I would think we could get some kind of program up and running to help prepare our educators for such a scenario. Even those teachers who are against guns in the schools might be willing to learn some self-defense techniques, learn to use wedges to block doors, how to more effectively evacuate through non-traditional means (windows, etc.) and generally do all kinds of things to help improve the survival odds of both themselves and our children.

Anyone know of anything like this? I'd be willing to sponsor some folks in to my community to teach just these kinds of things, provided they were qualified and we knew they knew what they were talking about. A few days in a school could really help... examining existing security measures, evaluating procedures, training staff, making suggestions for implementing better security, even setting up volunteer systems for guard-duty... armed or unarmed.

While I agree that guns are an important aspect of any kind of reasonable and serious defense plan, let's face it... we're fighting an uphill battle here against many in the public, and even I think most of our teachers have also been convinced over the decades of liberal bombardment that guns are overly dangerous in any environment with children. Some of these teachers and administrators are going to fight any attempt at arming ANYONE on school property (outside of a commissioned LEO) tooth and nail... and they will never ever ever agree to participate in any plan that involves a firearm. So let's find other ways (in ADDITION) to help improve school security! This isn't a problem from only one avenue... the solution has to be multi-faceted as well, if we intend to make our schools as safe as possible without turning them into full-on military camps!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone's talking about putting guns in the hands of teachers, CLEET certification, etc... are there any private companies or individuals who have developed a curriculum specifically for school scenarios? I mean, even if we don't end up allowing guns on school property - ONLY in the hands of trained, properly evaluated and vetted persons - then we still need to implement some kind of defense strategy utilizing both existing equipment and structures, as well as any upgrades that are both financially and logistically feasible in the near future.

Law enforcement and soldiers, as well as personal protective staff train to handle myriad situations... but we are looking to train our teachers, staff and administrators to handle a very specific, very narrow threat to the lives of our children. I would think we could get some kind of program up and running to help prepare our educators for such a scenario. Even those teachers who are against guns in the schools might be willing to learn some self-defense techniques, learn to use wedges to block doors, how to more effectively evacuate through non-traditional means (windows, etc.) and generally do all kinds of things to help improve the survival odds of both themselves and our children.

Anyone know of anything like this? I'd be willing to sponsor some folks in to my community to teach just these kinds of things, provided they were qualified and we knew they knew what they were talking about. A few days in a school could really help... examining existing security measures, evaluating procedures, training staff, making suggestions for implementing better security, even setting up volunteer systems for guard-duty... armed or unarmed.

While I agree that guns are an important aspect of any kind of reasonable and serious defense plan, let's face it... we're fighting an uphill battle here against many in the public, and even I think most of our teachers have also been convinced over the decades of liberal bombardment that guns are overly dangerous in any environment with children. Some of these teachers and administrators are going to fight any attempt at arming ANYONE on school property (outside of a commissioned LEO) tooth and nail... and they will never ever ever agree to participate in any plan that involves a firearm. So let's find other ways (in ADDITION) to help improve school security! This isn't a problem from only one avenue... the solution has to be multi-faceted as well, if we intend to make our schools as safe as possible without turning them into full-on military camps!

You are exceeding the reading ability of OSA. Suggest you break it down into simpler separate points and you'll get more responses.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And this is what should be happening. I have said before I think the instant "Lets just arm teachers" is a knee-jerk reaction in and of itself. What you are saying is what needs to happen. Analysis, design, implementation to ensure our kids are secure and protected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom