Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It affects everybody differently, no rhyme or reason.

Grandson started feeling bad, it work. Got tested and sent home for 2 weeks.
Stopped at clinic on way home, got Ivermectin and batch of vitamins. Went home and went to bed. Next morning, he was over it.

Granddaughter got sniffles. Tested positive.
Got Ivermectin and vitamins. Was in bed for 4 days, said it was like a bad cold.

Son tested positive. Took Ivermectin and vitamins. Was in bed, slept 23 hrs a day, for 2 weeks.

I woke up sick. Went to ER, tested positive. Had pneumonia. Admitted to hospital. On hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. At home in O2, still. 2 months and counting. Improving, but slowly.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It affects everybody differently, no rhyme or reason.

Grandson started feeling bad, it work. Got tested and sent home for 2 weeks.
Stopped at clinic on way home, got Ivermectin and batch of vitamins. Went home and went to bed. Next morning, he was over it.

Granddaughter got sniffles. Tested positive.
Got Ivermectin and vitamins. Was in bed for 4 days, said it was like a bad cold.

Son tested positive. Took Ivermectin and vitamins. Was in bed, slept 23 hrs a day, for 2 weeks.

I woke up sick. Went to ER, tested positive. Had pneumonia. Admitted to hospital. On hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. At home in O2, still. 2 months and counting. Improving, but slowly.

@turkeyrun

You might look into getting the pneumonia vaccines. We were advised to get them by our "new" doctor some time back. One gets two different shots, one year apart.

In honesty, I can't say whether they work or not because we've never had pneumonia, but our doctor says our age is really vulnerable.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@turkeyrun

You might look into getting the pneumonia vaccines. We were advised to get them by our "new" doctor some time back. One gets two different shots, one year apart.

In honesty, I can't say whether they work or not because we've never had pneumonia, but our doctor says our age is really vulnerable.

I had Covid pnuemonia. From what I was told, It is what causes most of the ventilator cases.

My first 3 days on hospital, Drs were working to keep me off of ventilator. It was a close decision, a couple times. I hold them I didn't want it.

We were successful, on that front.

More lung damage is caused by the ventilator, than the Covid.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Covid pnuemonia. From what I was told, It is what causes most of the ventilator cases.

My first 3 days on hospital, Drs were working to keep me off of ventilator. It was a close decision, a couple times. I hold them I didn't want it.

Try taking N-Acetylcysteine also known as NAC, it may help with your lungs N-Acetylcysteine to Combat COVID-19: An Evidence Review

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the COVID and tested positive last week. Since then just been resting at home and was happy to find this website.

Just wondering how many of the members have caught the COVID or some variant and how long it lasted for you?

I am on day 7.

I wish everyone well and good health.
Caught it with the whole family (7 months to 73 years). Kids had the sniffles for an afternoon and were fine after that. The adults (38,39,73) had it for 8-10 days. Only real symptoms were cold/hot temperature swings and fatigue. Very little congestion, mostly sinus issues. No lung problems or loss of taste or smell.
It was a flu. A good one, but nothing more. I passed a kidney stone in the last few days of it. That was far worse.

ynotaz

Marksman
Reaction score
Despite having gotten all 3 Pfizer shots (Jan2021, Feb2021, and booster in Sep 2021), both my wife and I tested positive in late October. We caught it from our youngest granddaughter. Our symptoms were fairly mild, but - due to our age (over 70) - our family physician arranged for us to immediately get the monoclonal infusion. It worked perfectly, and very quickly (within 24 hours, all symptoms were gone!). We haven't had a problem since.

If you can get access to the infusion, I highly recommend it!
Absolutely. But, plan ahead. Find out where they are doing it near you, what that location's restrictions/requirements are, call that location to find out "how do I get monoclonal antibodies from you if I am positive with Covid. What do I need to bring, etc.?

Our location will only do it if you tested positive within the last 10 days, you "qualified" with other conditions, and you brought in the results of you Lab test. Home tests are not accepted.

One other point, the wife and I were there for over 7 hours so don't plan on in&out burger timing.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to choose between the two, I'd opt for Omicron - which is more virulent (spreads easier and faster) but far less severe (fewer and naturally-lighter symptoms). Simply put, you are more likely to get Omicron, but you are far less likely to suffer from it. I'll take that...

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry, not true. But glad you are feeling better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom