Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying you didn't run a fever when you had Covid?? (Asking for a friend 🤦🤦🤦 who has a headache -- different from the usual BS, a sore throat, and the sniffles ...)
I spent 8 days in the hospital with Covid in Dec 2020 and I never had a temperature the whole time. I never showed a temperature for the two weeks prior to going into the hospital either (while I fought it at home).

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@turkeyrun

You might look into getting the pneumonia vaccines. We were advised to get them by our "new" doctor some time back. One gets two different shots, one year apart.

In honesty, I can't say whether they work or not because we've never had pneumonia, but our doctor says our age is really vulnerable.
I had the pneumonia vaccines before catching Covid on or about Thanksgiving 2020 and I still got Covid pneumonia and spent 8 days (in on 12/17 4pm and released on 12/24 5:30pm) in the hospital after fighting it off on my own for a while (symptoms started Monday afternoon following Thanksgiving). Two different types of pneumonia - bacterial or viral and the shots are for bacterial pneumonia.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 8 days in the hospital with Covid in Dec 2020 and I never had a temperature the whole time. I never showed a temperature for the two weeks prior to going into the hospital either (while I fought it at home).

That is WILD!! I think I've actually been sick for 4-5 days. First 3 days was just a headache. Different from my normal headaches but I didn't think anything about it.

Day before yesterday still no fever but had this just unsettled feeling. Still nothing but that headache I could put my finger on.

Yesterday morning started out with a worse headache, body aches and a slight cough but still no fever. No matter, I took a dose of IVM. Then the bottom fell out. Yesterday afternoon and last night was awful. I took another dose of IVM before I went to bed.

Today has been quite a bit better. I am still sick but nothing like yesterday. I'll just keep on doing what I am cuz anecdotally it seems to be working.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure wish I had gone to the hospital sooner instead of fighting it for 17 or 18 days first. For the last 6 or 7 days of at-home sickness I was semi-delirious and couldn't think straight enough to go get tested. It is hard to describe my delirium, which I believe was caused by brain oxygen starvation due to the pneumonia - I knew I should go get tested, but while visualizing the steps I needed to go through to get up, shower, dress and drive to the 24-hour emergency center somehow my mind believed I had actually gone down and gotten tested (this same type of 'visualization delirium' made me think I had taken my daily meds as well). I finally forced myself to get up and go get tested and when I did the doctor at the minor emergency center wanted to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital right then because my O2 levels were so low and I tested positive for Covid as well (first of three tests that day - ugh! I despise those tests). I drove my vehicle home and had my son drop me off at the hospital. They took me right in and put me on Oxygen after one look at the report from the minor emergency center - I kind of felt guilty for being taken in past the many people sitting around in the emergency waiting room with their pillows and blankets trying to get comfortable, and looking miserable, in a chair (and pretty much every chair was taken up).
I have to say that Saint Francis in Tulsa did a really good job on me and I only had one scary experience with a nurse on my first night in my hospital room - she was young and reminded me by her mannerisms and questions of a couple of radical white chicks I had unpleasant experiences with at Tulsa Community College (suspected Antifa or BLM associates). Luckily, by the time I came into contact with 'miss radical' I had been on oxygen for a few hours and was no longer delusional and I crafted answers to her questions that, at the very least, mollified her or confused her as to my political leanings. It isn't easy to describe the fear that your supposed care-givers may seek to do you harm while you're in a weakened state (and brother I felt as weak as a newborn kitten). Thankfully, I never saw that young lady again and I never ran into any one else that I suspected was an 'activist' type during the rest of my stay.
As for Covid treatment: oxygen, an IV drip for five days of Remdisivir (one hour each day), a daily shot in the stomach (except for my last day) to prevent blood clots, an inhaler every two hours, and two different pills every day for the pneumonia ( one pill they gave me was dethamexasone or something). They also gave me vitamins/supplements every day - D3, Zinc, Vit C, & Vit A, Vit B. When I was released they sent me home with two prescriptions for pneumonia pills (about 5 days worth). Pneumonia pills didn't clear up the pneumonia so on the Sunday after being released, I went back to the minor emergency center complaining of chest pains and they X-rayed me and told me I still had pneumonia and gave me more pills to take for the next ten days which apparently did the trick.
Anyway, I didn't really feel my age until the China virus kicked my ass and I still wasn't feeling well for weeks after. I only started feeling almost normal again after I discovered Ivermectin. I wish I'd known about Ivermectin before I caught Covid...

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is WILD!! I think I've actually been sick for 4-5 days. First 3 days was just a headache. Different from my normal headaches but I didn't think anything about it.

Day before yesterday still no fever but had this just unsettled feeling. Still nothing but that headache I could put my finger on.

Yesterday morning started out with a worse headache, body aches and a slight cough but still no fever. No matter, I took a dose of IVM. Then the bottom fell out. Yesterday afternoon and last night was awful. I took another dose of IVM before I went to bed.

Today has been quite a bit better. I am still sick but nothing like yesterday. I'll just keep on doing what I am cuz anecdotally it seems to be working.
"...no fever but had this just unsettled feeling..." Reminds me of the first 'symptom' I had - an unsettled feeling that told me something wasn't right followed later by the headache. Have you checked the dosage recommendations for Ivermectin lately? Last I checked they had changed (increased initially) them the first few days and changed to a dose every day instead of every other day if you already had Covid (as compared to prophylaxis). But you check yourself since I'm not qualified to give medical advice.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you have it hopefully it is just Omicron since it is so mild. Some are suggesting that Omicron should be treated like a vaccine since it is so mild (not for at-risk people of course). Even hinting that people should try to catch Omicron to develop the anti-bodies, T-cells and other immune cells...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"...no fever but had this just unsettled feeling..." Reminds me of the first 'symptom' I had - an unsettled feeling that told me something wasn't right followed later by the headache. Have you checked the dosage recommendations for Ivermectin lately? Last I checked they had changed (increased initially) them the first few days and changed to a dose every day instead of every other day if you already had Covid (as compared to prophylaxis). But you check yourself since I'm not qualified to give medical advice.
Yessir, I did. Thank you for looking out for me and asking, though.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I were suspicious of all the CRAZY stuffgoing on and , the Covid, being used to rig the Presidental election, etc. so we didn't take the vaccine for over a year, to see what sides effects turned up! Our niece died of covid a few weeks ago, and this make us rethink our choice! After talking this over, we came to te conclusion that, no matter what else was going on, it wasn't possable that ALL the medical community in this country was in on some conspiracy against the American People! It avoid STUBBORN -ING OUR SELFS TO DEATH, we took the merderna vaccine on Dec. 24. 7 days later WE WERE BOTH sick as a dog! chills, fever, trots, and couldn't taste anything, likely covid. this lasted 10 to 12 days. we were scheduled to take the second shot 4 weeks latter. We told them what had happened, and they said we must have caught covid between the time we were vaccinated, and when it took effect 6/7 days late,. so we took the secnd shot. By 6/7 pm that same day we were, GUESS WHAT, sick as a dog again. same symptoms, we both were in the bed for 48 hours straight, and had to ave help to go to the bathroom, MINOR SIDE EFFECT? this is the third day and I think we will survive! I'm not trying to influence anyone, just giving a first hand account, of what happened to us! I for one will not take anymome covid vaccine's!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have it hopefully it is just Omicron since it is so mild. Some are suggesting that Omicron should be treated like a vaccine since it is so mild (not for at-risk people of course). Even hinting that people should try to catch Omicron to develop the anti-bodies, T-cells and other immune cells...
Prob not good medical advice. We have been slammed with new Covid admissions in the past week-almost doubling our Covid census. Hope they didn’t get covid on purpose, as some haven’t survived & we are out of beds. No room at the Inn. Stay healthy out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom