Who has dinned at the Vast at the top of the Devon tower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandi it took a minute to work up the courage. Worst part was stepping out onto the aluminum plank thats 2'x10' on the 45th floor. Talk about tunnel vision. You just have to pick a spot to stare at and focus on that

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reference to The Vast, I would go back for this menu item alone

"Duck Charcuterie
Duck confit en croute, duck breast proscuitto,
horseradish mustard, tart cherry compote,
red onion marmalade, baguette"

That's a personal pet peeve so I guess it will have to be removed from my list of places that interest me. Guess I'm off to do steaks on my new outdoor kitchen...oh, bother...

Me too, it drove me crazy. Every last, stupid crumb At first I wanted to mash my bread everywhere just to watch then it simply became annoying.

You know for the price of several meals at either of the places one could certainly buy a very nice outdoor kitchen.. Seems like a good call!

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Nothing against Oklahoma, I'm a native Okie, but paying big money for a view of a flat expanse with lights isn't really very impressive. Maybe if there were mountains or valleys or something to admire I could see it, seeing the vast expanse of nothing is more depressing than impressive. It's probably just me but I don't get it.

Well, if impressive pictures you want - impressive pictures you shall get!

25th floor, no walls, rainstorm moving in - old I-40 still in use
IMG_0049.jpg

Rainstorm over the 'Peak
IMG_0157.jpg

Buzzard roasting on the 43rd floor window
IMG_0164.jpg

And yes, OKC is quite impressive at night (looking north across downtown)
IMG_0168.jpg

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
And now for something completely different! (in my best British accent)

The line at the 'Peak for American Idol auditions
IMG_0133.jpg

The Devon Tower at 6:30 am in the rain
IMG_0059.jpg

And finally for all us gun nuts a preppers. This is what lines the walls in the executive conference rooms on the 49th and 50th floors.
IMG_0125.jpg
This stuff came in 4'x8'x1/4" sheets. It's a fiberglass-Kevlar composite. Two sheets thick on the inner walls. Rumor was it costs $400 per sheet and we saw at least 10 pallets full!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off the tower crane! Dayum!

Nah, that's just a the tourist trap floors on the Hancock Building in Chicago. It cost me a $12 beer to soak that view.

I would love to be in a skyscraper during construction. Awesome pics. I'd like the street side of my house lined with Kevlar composite. Just in case.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And finally for all us gun nuts a preppers. This is what lines the walls in the executive conference rooms on the 49th and 50th floors.
View attachment 39860
This stuff came in 4'x8'x1/4" sheets. It's a fiberglass-Kevlar composite. Two sheets thick on the inner walls. Rumor was it costs $400 per sheet and we saw at least 10 pallets full!

I guess they must be a little scared? Do they sneak around until they get to the 49th and 50th floor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom