Top Gun Maverick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked it, mostly. As a former (private) pilot, one has to suspend belief. For example, (SPOILER ALERT)..............

.........in the opening scene, a plane disintegrates at mach 10. The wings were literally red hot. Yet the pilot shortly after is walking into a restaurant and the only "injury" he sustained was his hair was messed up. But hey, it's just a movie!

MSNBC didn't like the movie because ............. "MSNBC opinion editor Zeeshan Aleem recently condemned "Top Gun: Maverick" as the "most insidious movie" at the Oscars" because it shows the U.S. military as a "beacon of virtue."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/top-gun-maverick-insidious-portraying-virtue-u-s-military-msnbc-editor
If woke creeps hate the movie, I like the movie. I bought it. Like I said, one has to suspend belief in some scenes.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife works for a government contractor that builds engines for their planes. She recently got the opportunity to visit with the pilots that flew the actors in the flight scenes. She said the reality of what they put the actors through was impressive, but to hear their real life stories was even better. All that said, she said even their pilots said they liked how the movie turned out.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good movie! Hated the thought of the maker's decision to remove the Taiwanese flag patch to appease china. The US never did that before this crazy time in History.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US never did that before this crazy time in History.
Yep. Some indications are that the Republic is inexorably in decline and cannot recover.
Our contact in Juarez, MX tells us a massive group of at least 1,000 migrants just attempted to rush a port of entry in El Paso in an effort to get into the United States. Video shows them pushing past the Mexican side of Paso Del Norte bridge. Awaiting CBP comment.

National legalization of drugs to make Americans even more stupid and lazy, and they're being replaced by our enemies. But, hey! No more orange man!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked it. However rife with inaccuracies, plot holes, impossible maneuvers, physical impossibilities and just won't happen in real life. My wife slept through it the first time, so I guess even the romance portion between tom cruze and jennifer connoly was unbelievable as well. A 10 g maneuver, nope, wings would be torn off the plane and pilot unconscious. Ejecting at Mach 10 from a disintegrating scram jet ? Like your skin? Not to mention Maverick's age, Financial Status being active military and still being active duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom