Who Here Has Adobe Illustrator? Can You Do Us A Favor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you can do besides proving financial need to get any sort of tuition assistance at Punahou as it's 1) a private school and 2) k-12, which means there are free options down the street.

Are you from Hawaii?

My fault, that was a cut and paste job on my part and I wasn't clear on noting that. Just thought it were an interesting conclusion as to why the secrecy behind the BC for so long. It would make sense that it could link our leader to other possible corrupt dealings he may have been involved with in the past.

No, not from Hawaii.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went through and checked out the layers. There's nothing out of the ordinary with the certificate. The way OCR's work when scanning is that the software first does a first initial pass of the document. It then goes back and specifically pulls out text. Any text that is slightly different due to different pressure, darkness, ect is then extrapolated as a different layer from the main text.

The certificate is consistent in that all the dates and any parts that looks to be stamped are in their own individual layer/elements from the rest of the text that is hand written. This is normal. You can also see that even in some of the hand written parts, areas where letters or words that weren't as dark as the letter before it was pulled separately from the rest of the text dude to the slightly visible difference in contrast. Again nothing abnormal here.

Here is a section of the certificate
[Broken External Image]

Here it is with one of the layers turned off. Note you can still see traces of the text on the back ground. Also note that the date was not part of the layer. That is because part of the stamped date is a slightly different shade of black from the other text, so it didn't get extrapolated as an element with the bulk of the other text.
[Broken External Image]

However, I will say this. The actions shown in the actions panel is consistent with what I would do with a scan of a document to increase contrast and to make it readable. The rotates and resizing actions is exactly what I would use to rotate the scan upright if the image was horizontal and it looks to have been resized to be smaller in file size.

The only thing the Obama administration is guilty of is not flattening all the layers before releasing it. Really really dumb move because this will only be more fuel for the tinfoil hat types.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
And besides, wasn't his name Barry Soetoro when he was born? Didn't he later change it to Barak Obama? Or am I confused?

Madd, I am beginning to worry about you.

Sometimes kids take their step parents names and then change back when they leave high school. More common practice back then before everything was computerized.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should've just released it as a .jpg without EXIF. PDFs have too much metadata.

My fault, that was a cut and paste job on my part and I wasn't clear on noting that. Just thought it were an interesting conclusion as to why the secrecy behind the BC for so long. It would make sense that it could link our leader to other possible corrupt dealings he may have been involved with in the past.
Ah, ok. I only knew that about Punahou because I went there K-12. :p

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went through and checked out the layers. There's nothing out of the ordinary with the certificate. The way OCR's work when scanning is that the software first does a first initial pass of the document. It then goes back and specifically pulls out text. Any text that is slightly different due to different pressure, darkness, ect is then extrapolated as a different layer from the main text.

The certificate is consistent in that all the dates and any parts that looks to be stamped are in their own individual layer/elements from the rest of the text that is hand written. This is normal. You can also see that even in some of the hand written parts, areas where letters or words that weren't as dark as the letter before it was pulled separately from the rest of the text dude to the slightly visible difference in contrast. Again nothing abnormal here.

Here is a section of the certificate
[Broken External Image]

Here it is with one of the layers turned off. Note you can still see traces of the text on the back ground. Also note that the date was not part of the layer. That is because part of the stamped date is a slightly different shade of black from the other text, so it didn't get extrapolated as an element with the bulk of the other text.
[Broken External Image]

However, I will say this. The actions shown in the actions panel is consistent with what I would do with a scan of a document to increase contrast and to make it readable. The rotates and resizing actions is exactly what I would use to rotate the scan upright if the image was horizontal and it looks to have been resized to be smaller in file size.

The only thing the Obama administration is guilty of is not flattening all the layers before releasing it. Really really dumb move because this will only be more fuel for the tinfoil hat types.

Why even scan it as an OCR? Why not just an image? I mean, the only reason to scan an OCR is so you can make text fields editable. I'd say that was their first mistake.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why even scan it as an OCR? Why not just an image? I mean, the only reason to scan an OCR is so you can make text fields editable. I'd say that was their first mistake.

pretty sure it's done automatically. you don't really scan as an ocr, ocr is a feature within a lot of scanning programs that automatically finds text in a scan and makes it computerized text. that's why you can actually search through scanned .pdfs of documents. from the random crap in the pdf, it seems like whoever scanned it probably isn't the most computer literate person in the world, but knows how to at least make it a bit more readable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom