Who is running this place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, you can post only one item in a month and have to pay if you follow the relisting schedule.
True but you don't have to relist. It will stay in the for sale section. The relist function imo was part of the problem when guys continually bump the same overpriced crap for a year. Put it for sale if its priced right it will sell. If people want it they will search it out if it was posted today or a month ago. Ever seen a 7 year old thread get bumped for a used mossburg pump that works half the time and a guy offers to trade his Rock Island 45 for it and some squirl meat? It happens.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, to solve that problem we punish everyone else.
And, yes, it will stay in the sale section, buried and never to be seen again. Having said that, I have no problem with relisting. I just think it is wrong to class that as “new”.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hardly ever list anything, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but you guys keep sayin "month" and I don't think it's per month. I think it's 30 days, and there is a huge difference.

I also think it could be based on a ratio instead of a flat number of posts. Something like the alcohol/carry ratio. If over 50% of your posts are in the classifieds, you need to be paying for the service. If you're a contributing member with only a few posts in the classifieds, but want to or need to consolidate your collection because you've had more follow you home than will fit in your current secure storage area, you shouldn't be punished because of a few bad actors.

Then again, this may be a short term issue, and charging for listings may cause the bad actors to flee, like drowning rats from a sinking ship, and then things can go back to the way they were, when everything was peaches and cream, and everybody got along, and held hands and sang.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like anyone is being punished, if your trading that much on here $10 isn't much. I pay the membership just to help have a place we can do this.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems pretty simple, if you post more than 3 items a month you either have to pay the sale fee or have a membership. I think that's how it goes. If you rarely post ads you will see no change.
I don't think it is quite that simple. The relisting thing counts as a new ad and it is in a 30 day cycle not so many ads a month.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just saying, this seems like a whole lot of drama to avoid supporting the place you come to for knowledge/sales/entertainment/discussion. If you cant swing $1.25 a month to alleviate all these "issues" you dont like...you probably shouldnt be in said hobby.

Technically it’s .83 a month if you sign up for a year. But even at $1 I feel like it’s pretty reasonable.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it is quite that simple. The relisting thing counts as a new ad and it is in a 30 day cycle not so many ads a month.

I actually like that they count as a new ad...some of the for sale items have been relisted for the last 6-7 months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom