Why Are Addresses So Hard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For who? Ever make a mistake?
I have noticed my frustration typically pops up due to carelessness or laziness which I run across far less often in delivery folks. I have actually found that most of the people bringing packages to the house are friendly and far too busy to try to think of ways to shortcut the system.

I will cuss up a storm over a lost package like anyone, but in the end I fully appreciate how many pieces of mail or parcels these folks touch and there is bound to be hiccups from time to time.

I would definitely be curious to see the process on mail sorting to see if there is opportunity for reducing the mixups on similar street names though. I wouldnt be surprised to find it is a pretty well oiled machine, but almost any process (unless governed to a specific set of steps by a regulatory body) can be improved.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have noticed my frustration typically pops up due to carelessness or laziness which I run across far less often in delivery folks. I have actually found that most of the people bringing packages to the house are friendly and far too busy to try to think of ways to shortcut the system.

I will cuss up a storm over a lost package like anyone, but in the end I fully appreciate how many pieces of mail or parcels these folks touch and there is bound to be hiccups from time to time.

I would definitely be curious to see the process on mail sorting to see if there is opportunity for reducing the mixups on similar street names though. I wouldnt be surprised to find it is a pretty well oiled machine, but almost any process (unless governed to a specific set of steps by a regulatory body) can be improved.
It sure can. It has come a long way and I’m sure many changes have been made since I left. I was the Plant Manager when we moved from downtown OKC out to N Portland and got some of the most modern equipment available at that time. They’ve also gotten bigger and better vehicles that parcels fit into better. I’d love to be able to show some people how horrible the addressing by customers is this time of year in both packages and Christmas cards. Today will be the biggest delivery day of the year for packages and cards. A lot of people wait to do their shopping and then blame delivery companies when and if things run late. I’m glad I’m gone but I do still appreciate the efforts of those still working.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would help to leave the mail carrier on his or her route long term seems when we were kids I had same mailman for ever. In my neighborhood at least the mailman is new every few months and im sure they struggle for a while. (JMO). The mail is far better than most other carriers hands down.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I would help to leave the mail carrier on his or her route long term seems when we were kids I had same mailman for ever. In my neighborhood at least the mailman is new every few months and im sure they struggle for a while. (JMO). The mail is far better than most other carriers hands down.
Carriers bid on routes by seniority. Most carriers prefer to deliver in nicer neighborhoods with more mounted versus walking deliveries etc. When they get enough seniority they tend to leave the walking routes with a loose dog on every street. Those types of neighborhoods usually get the newest and least experienced carriers.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carriers bid on routes by seniority. Most carriers prefer to deliver in nicer neighborhoods with more mounted versus walking deliveries etc. When they get enough seniority they tend to leave the walking routes with a loose dog on every street. Those types of neighborhoods usually get the newest and least experienced carriers.
They must hate my route, we have house mailboxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom