Why Are Addresses So Hard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel you. I built a new house on the end of a street. I put a gate, mailbox with the numbers. My only other neighbor on my street gets all my Amazon, UPS and FedEx packages despite his address being on his home. I think drivers just follow what the app tells them versus actually looking at house numbers.
Amen.. HERE means throw it out the window!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
have people delivering that can't even read a map and maybe read period!
Sounds easy huh? I heard all companies are hiring during this joyous Christmas season. I think most would find it isn’t quite so easy. Next Monday will be the busiest delivery day of the year. Leave the porch light on…..

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
When I bought my current rural property we were given a street address - "XXX Smith St". Post office told me it was route/box address and provided with with Route NN Box XX then a week later corrected it to a different box number. A month after that we were switched to 911 addresses, 1234 S. 4567 Rd. so with in 6 weeks of closing on the property and moving in we had 4 different address,

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my current rural property we were given a street address - "XXX Smith St". Post office told me it was route/box address and provided with with Route NN Box XX then a week later corrected it to a different box number. A month after that we were switched to 911 addresses, 1234 S. 4567 Rd. so with in 6 weeks of closing on the property and moving in we had 4 different address,
been down that road then half the people call it one thing and others call it something else.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The funniest one I have come across was trying to have flowers delivered to my mom who was working at the livestock auction in Apache. The auction has no real address so you pretty much have to use the local florist (which I normally prefer anyway). I called one of the ladies in the office to plan ahead and get the address and she said you just send it to Apache Livestock Market on W Apache Trl Rd, the post office and florist know how to get it there. My mind was blown for a bit haha.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funniest one I have come across was trying to have flowers delivered to my mom who was working at the livestock auction in Apache. The auction has no real address so you pretty much have to use the local florist (which I normally prefer anyway). I called one of the ladies in the office to plan ahead and get the address and she said you just send it to Apache Livestock Market on W Apache Trl Rd, the post office and florist know how to get it there. My mind was blown for a bit haha.
I used to have one of those “you‘re part of a class in a class action lawsuit” mailers tracked up on the wall of my office. The address on the mailer was “Somewhere on Main St” (except it had the correct street name). It literally said “Somewhere on” for the number part of the address.

Thank goodness the USPS knows how to find “Somewhere on” on a map.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have one of those “you‘re part of a class in a class action lawsuit” mailers tracked up on the wall of my office. The address on the mailer was “Somewhere on Main St” (except it had the correct street name). It literally said “Somewhere on” for the number part of the address.

Thank goodness the USPS knows how to find “Somewhere on” on a map.

My mother was a self-taught artist doing oil painting. Over the years, she met lots of people either through her teaching of other or of her travels. She met a lady on a trip to Israel but the lady couldn't remember Mom's name. So, she addressed her card/letter to "That Crazy Painting Lady" with the name of the town and state.

Mom got it, but in a town of less than 627 people, it wasn't a hard job for the postmaster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom