Why Are Addresses So Hard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live on ##ST, but there is a ##Terr right next to us (identical number) and it's like every third delivery goes to the corresponding address on the wrong street? You would think that after I keep opening mis delivery tickets they would put some kind of alert in the delivery system (all of them, Amazon, UPS and FedEx). It also doesn't help that the lady who lives at that house will not answer her door and doesn't like to bring packages to us, despite the fact that when we get her stuff we do deliver it. Just a rant.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Till you mentioned a lady, I thought you must be talking about my house. Cause that's my situation exactly. Exact same street name. Exact same address. Cept it's on the west side of the blvd. I'm on the east side.

And, there's no lady here. Just my wife.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Very common problem. I just moved to a Terrace as well. Way back when I was a sub letter carrier I once delivered 3 blocks in each direction until I realized it was Terrace instead of street. I looked pretty stupid taking mail back out of boxes. You’d think it would be an easy fix to actually read the address but sometimes it happens.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would help if they'd stop putting the same numbers on streets that are right next to each other, especially when they're streets that wind through residential neighborhoods. I mean, it's bad enough having numbered streets intersecting with other numbered streets, but when you have 82nd St meandering around and intersecting with 82nd Pl and 82nd Terr, it's a miracle that anything gets delivered to the correct destination.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas City has the streets numbered. The east west hwy coming into starts South 1st Avenue to the south. North 1st Avenue to the north. The main north south street divides East 1st Blvd and West 1st Blvd. My friend lived on the southwest corner of South 6th Ave and West 6th Blvd.

Total cluster frac

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Grand in OKC. Are we talking SW 36th St Grand, N Grand near NW 63rd, or N Grand Blvd. Sometimes you gotta wonder what city planners were thinking. Then you get up near Edmond where NW 164th St is actually 15th St in Edmond and the list goes on. Fortunately, with zip +4 and barcodes about 80 percent of letter mail is sorted in automation and takes the human error element out of it. Packages.....not so much.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been here for 7 years and still no one can find us. We don't show up on Google Maps or Map Quest. Wait ... That might not be so bad ...

The only problem we have is when Amazon or UPS delivers our packages to a cattle gate about a mile down the road. If it weren't for the rancher, we'd be missing several important shipments. I think I owe the rancher a bottle of whisky.....

Woody

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old boss lady took a service call for me to rekey a house on #### street, I went there at the scheduled time and the house was vacant so I unlocked it and went to work rekeying, when I was done the realtor called wondering where I was and I said here at the house you wanted rekeyed, she where are you because I am here too ?? Boss wrote the correct house number but wrote street instead of place 🤬, I called her and asked what I should do with keys and she said LEAVE !! I never liked that I did that.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Grand in OKC. Are we talking SW 36th St Grand, N Grand near NW 63rd, or N Grand Blvd. Sometimes you gotta wonder what city planners were thinking. Then you get up near Edmond where NW 164th St is actually 15th St in Edmond and the list goes on. Fortunately, with zip +4 and barcodes about 80 percent of letter mail is sorted in automation and takes the human error element out of it. Packages.....not so much.
I remember dealing with that as a dog catcher... I would get a call from the dispatcher "Hey, PD needs you over near grand and western right now" ....... well, that's about only 3 different areas in OKC.... Thank god I was just a dog catcher. I couldnt imagine dealing with that sorta crap as a cop or ambulance driver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom