"Why do you need 30 round magazines?" My non-PC Answer...Somewhat NSFW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me started on NEED. It applies to more than just guns. I hear that word in quite a few relationship arguments. Shoes, tools, dresses, guns, motorcycles. You all know what I mean. Thats another four letter word I'm not fond of.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try this one on for size:

Rosa Parks didn't NEED to sit in the front of that bus. She would've arrived at her destination at EXACTLY the same time. It wasn't any warmer, or cooler, or more comfortable at the front of that bus. It was her RIGHT to sit wherever she chose in that bus.

My Inalienable Rights as enumerated by the Constitution of the United States doesn't NEED anyone's approval. Anyone talking about NEED is a damned communist and NEEDS to be shut down, HARD! :mad:

Yeah, I'm definitely using this the next time the NEED arises.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a plinker it's nice to have all your ammo in high cap mags when you get to the range. I guess I'm the only one that my figures about bleed loading some of these mags at the range not to mention it eventually makes me shake. Semi-autos go though the rounds on paper. I typically shoot outside and it's either very cold or hot, I'm not there to stay all day.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BrandonMF said:
We NEED 30 round magazines for the day that it comes when they, not us, decide they know better what we need."

That thar is sig material...

That said: I need 30 round mags because I'm a really lazy guy and I hate mindnumbing repetitive tasks with a passion. If I used 20 rounders I'd have to load 6 mags to get 120 rounds loaded up and ready to go to the range. With a 30 I only have to load up 4 - yeah yeah - I know still pushing 120 rounds into a hole - it just feels like less.

Wait - I know - I only have to change mags 4 times instead of 6 at the range - there - I knew there was less work involved somehow.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a thirty-round magazine for the same reason that I need a 1080p flat-screen TV; or a 3000-square-foot hangar for a single small airplane; or a beautiful wife; or six children on a mid-range salary; or anything else in my life:

Because I wish to have them! Any and all reasons why I wish to have them; and any and all considerations of affordability, or of cost versus return, or of risk versus reward; are mine alone to decide.

A free people must never grant to government the authority to decide for us what we do and do not need!

Last edited:

Ijphater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, we can make arguments all day long that we don't even NEED guns... Lets trade all our freedoms for so called saftey, and end up with Neither!?

If I don't need guns or 30 round mags then the police and military don't need them either... I'd hate to see how that would work out!

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberal media are ignorant, if you actually practice to become good with your firearms you go through thousands of rounds. 30 round mags just lets us not have to reload all the time at the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom