Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't open carry but I also appreciate that the O.C. advocates got the law changed so an inadvertent showing of my concealed carry weapon doesn't get me in trouble. Thanks!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To understand ego you really need to understand the human mind. Sometimes Open Carry might be a good thing for your ego. I think though it might be best practiced in private, in front of a mirror, totally naked. Ask yourself this, "What would Sigmund Freud do?". Would he stroke his ego in public or private?

http://www.iep.utm.edu/freud/

Nope, he would say you have mother issues, a Oedipus complex and are stuck in the Phallic stage.:teach: :pms2:

:hypnotize::hypnotize::hypnotize:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too was thankful for the conceal/partial/open option for printing reasons. Sometimes it hangs out there, and it was ridiculous that if an observant person saw my defense, I could get in deep schit. It wasn't as much a step forward for gun owners as it was a step backwards for stupid laws. Now, when are we going to legalize that weed?

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Absolutely not. If anyone claims to do something like that on behalf of OSA, I will gladly contribute personally to their prosecution.

I keep track of these and similar threads on other forums. What I really love is when someone says somewhere that OSA is offline when my internal monitoring, external monitoring, and Pingdom (which loads an actual test script rather than just pinging) all say its up and people are posting. I can't control when their ISP or someone midstream breaks.

I really loved the recent "fix your ****" email when someone new couldn't activate their account because vBulletin had a glitch that treated their account as both activated and not activated.

That's not the first post over there that takes the opinion of a very small minority and paints everyone here with that brush.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

And that's why IT folks are my heros!! Thx VM

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, in all honesty, I'll post a comment I made a year or two ago that sent a (new) guy off so far that he was calling me the "f" word and others. The mods got rid of him, and it likely increased the IQ on these forums a lot. What ticked him off was this:

"To be truthful, there are even some folks on OSA forums that I wonder whether they should even own a firearm."

That, by the way, does NOT apply to the VAST MAJORITY of the participants here. But, it "might" apply to "whats-his-face" that wants to start things over here.

Time will tell on that one. It all depends on the individual's attitude.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm out and about quite a bit. I've yet to see someone open carry. I don't care either way. I'm just padding my post count.

Latest posts

Top Bottom