Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what follows is my side of post from there.

"as a member here and there , thats what i'm doing .
as for being worthwhile , sure
as for how many post here and how many post there well i just messed their count up on half of their OPEN minded posts.
i want to think most of the naysayers, and they are everywhere not just there,get how liberating open carry is . even for those who closed carry (sorry little play on words) not hafting to dress to the gun . what a relief . yes now you have to be more aware where you go, none of the open minded concealed is concealed routine. anyway believe it or not i was talking this very thing (open carry)with a couple of coworkers today . i told them they were perfect candidates for acceptance of open carry by the masses . by being just regular everyday joes with their families doing everyday things, people will not even notice but find it acceptable should they.
i do personally feel somewhat in the minorty over there but find that representive of the general pop. and only feel that a small percentage 35% of those who opposed do so harshly . my post here could even be concidered harsh . but i truely only poke fun at the 35%
as i've done before i plan to lift this post and replant it there .
anyway keep the faith
stay safe carry on
elance "

to answer some here , first there is pretty much single minded , so only like minded folks tend to be there . as for here , the menu is varied and so will the opinions be .

but i like to think we are family first, even if we squabble , think of me as the weird cuzin that turns out to be kinda of cool when given a chance .

i wished my manner was to be able to express my view without seeming like i was discounting or belittling yours , but like i've said elsewhere ol country boy don't talk good . truely my fervor is like a new convert just passing on the better way he's been shown and found .

which i want to interject i am and will to all who would like to hear . if i didn't wouldn't mean much .

anyway my excercising builds all our body as we are one . i think i do it prudently as well as judiciously (look it up i had to).

stay safe carry on
elance

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, in the last 30 days we've had 1,374 unique posters. Only 15 posted anything negative about open carry, or 1.09%.

In the last 90 days we've had 1,982 unique posters. Only 17 posted anything negative about open carry, or 0.85%.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only open carry I have seen is at the Walmart in mustang. People of Walmart be packin some heat. I only care that it protects me from accidental exposure. I won't get in trouble if someone spots me goodies. I like seeing the guy with the XD swinging in the uncle mikes, makes me giggle.

I see people OC frequently. In fact, I will see your XD and raise you a Glock. Two days ago I went over to Petsmart. Dude walking the aisle with his toy dog, wearing shorts and crocs, Glock strapped to his hip and smoking a Vap. WoW!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
heres my "almost" oc'd story. i had been at my lease with my 66 snubby on my side all day. on the way home i stopped at a rural chit and git to get some gatorade. i sat in the truck deciding whether to just walk in, take the gun out of the holster or pull my shirt over it. well, i pulled my shirt over it and bought me some gatorade.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, the law gives us a CHOICE. There have been times when I open carried. Also times when I carry concealed. And then (gasp) when I don't carry at all. But I have the right and freedom to do what I want.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Is this forum, generally, against open carry?

My opinion of most was that they didn't have a problem with it, just that they weren't really interested in participating.

I don't have a problem with it.

If that is what you want to do, go ahead.

Dave

I think that's about right.....for most.

Latest posts

Top Bottom