Worst Restaurants - What's the worst place you've been?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if they are even still open but there was a place in OKC up by Baptist Hospital called Macaroni Grill...
I don't know if that one's still open, but the chain is (I think). I ate at one in Dallas a few years ago; it wasn't the most awesomest thing ever, but it was pretty good.

I can't complain about the food at Chili's (though I haven't been there in about 20 years), but they're sure proud of their food and charge for things that are a given at even the cheapest Mexican dive.

I've eaten at Hooters' in Norman (during the 15 minutes it was open), OKC, Dallas, and Chicago, and I can say that if it hadn't been for the company that drug me there, I wouldn't have gone after the first one. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, and the scenery wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

The worst restaurant I've ever visited was when I was going through some technical training in Kansas City a few years ago. They took us to lunch every day, and one of the places we went was what the guy described as "the best Mexican joint in Kansas City." For those not aware, this is a big red warning flag--Yankees know jack about Mexican food. The people running the place were brown-skinned and spoke something resembling Spanish, but their idea of salsa was ketchup--and the "hot" stuff was ketchup with cilantro. Seriously, Taco Bell has better flavor than that place's food. It wasn't "bad," per se, but it was bland as...well, it pretty much set the standard for bland. I can't think of anything with less flavor. (They did make it up to us by taking us to a pretty good BBQ place in Union Station, though.)

My worst dining experience in OKC was at Landry's. The food was OK, but the company, not so much. Catching that particular skirt wasn't nearly worth the effort...

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once you eat fresh seafood right off the boat, it's hard to ever go back to calling anything else seafood. Even the tank lobsters taste - funky.

I tried that salmon farming once. 4 years later and nothing has sprouted. Seafood was meant to be wild and fresh. Not farmed and fertilized.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had such a bad steak at Longhorn Steak House once that when the manager looked at what I was served he had them make me a new complete meal to go to take home. Only time we've ever been there and I will never go back.

I've had several seriously sub-standard steaks at that place. Pity. They had good food when they first opened. Now they're not only scrimping on the steaks, they're apparantly scrimping on the cooks.

I won't go back.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if that one's still open, but the chain is (I think). I ate at one in Dallas a few years ago; it wasn't the most awesomest thing ever, but it was pretty good.

I can't complain about the food at Chili's (though I haven't been there in about 20 years), but they're sure proud of their food and charge for things that are a given at even the cheapest Mexican dive.

I've eaten at Hooters' in Norman (during the 15 minutes it was open), OKC, Dallas, and Chicago, and I can say that if it hadn't been for the company that drug me there, I wouldn't have gone after the first one. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, and the scenery wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

The worst restaurant I've ever visited was when I was going through some technical training in Kansas City a few years ago. They took us to lunch every day, and one of the places we went was what the guy described as "the best Mexican joint in Kansas City." For those not aware, this is a big red warning flag--Yankees know jack about Mexican food. The people running the place were brown-skinned and spoke something resembling Spanish, but their idea of salsa was ketchup--and the "hot" stuff was ketchup with cilantro. Seriously, Taco Bell has better flavor than that place's food. It wasn't "bad," per se, but it was bland as...well, it pretty much set the standard for bland. I can't think of anything with less flavor. (They did make it up to us by taking us to a pretty good BBQ place in Union Station, though.)

My worst dining experience in OKC was at Landry's. The food was OK, but the company, not so much. Catching that particular skirt wasn't nearly worth the effort...

That would be Jack Stack. Their Grand Royal ribs are the BOMB!

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear this all the time.

I've never really had a bad meal there.

I've eaten at the chain steak places when forced by companions, and I prefer a Cattleman's Steak every time.

To each his own I guess.
I prefer to roll my own. USDA prime from Rhett's.

As far as worst, Hardee's in martinsburg, WV or sonic in Kearney , mo. Food poisoning from both. Needless to say it was comin out both ends!!! At the same time

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst place I have ever been in was Pop Hicks in Clinton Oklahoma. I went in there with some guys that said we had to eat there, because it was a landmark. They had a couple of fish tanks that were so green that you could hardly see the fish. It smelled like a public bathroom and was dirty. I did not eat the food, because the place smelled so bad. I think it is gone now.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In tulsa......Outback steakhouse on 71st. In 2004 I had the prime rib, it taste like a damn shoe. I have never been back. Second worst would have to be the macaroni grill on memorial. The wait staff was snooty and not friendly at all and the food wasnt good. Marie Callenders TV dinner pasta tastes better. The third worst would have to be on the boarder on 41st. Had the chicken burrito, got food poisoning and was sick as a dog. Waterfront grill in jenks, I did not like either. Dont get me wrong the burger was good, albeit expensive, but I just dont like the rich, hoity toity atmosphere.

In farmington new mexico....applebees because the food was cold and horrible and the wait was super long.

in DFW circa 1999.....outback steakhouse yet again sucked massive cajones

Latest posts

Top Bottom