Worst Restaurants - What's the worst place you've been?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ricky's, the mexican food place. Specifically the one on Memorial, that is the only place where I refused to even take one bite of the food. I am not exaggerating when I say I scooped 8 spoon fulls of grease off of the enchilada they brought me and it was still floating. To make it worse, I had to argue with the manager who thought that was perfectly acceptable to serve to a customer.

Places I've been let down by....
Redrock Canyon grill on hefner... Spent nearly $100 and it was on par with chili's maybe.
Shorty smalls... used to be decent food, but their quality went down hill fast, on par with chili's I'd say.
Cattleman's... "good because we said so" doesn't go very far for me, they are par with Santa Fe.
The Wedge... I love the environment, the functioning brick oven is awesome, the authentic tasting 32oz Italian sodas are the best, but when it finally comes to the pizza.... meh. They use local products only and that doesn't always mean the best. Their chicken tasted waaaayyyy too gamey, and their capicola was dryer than old beef jerky. I'd take Marco's all day over this place, but to each their own.

What the hell did you get that was Chili's quality? I have yet to have a substandard meal at Red Rock. Their mustard crusted pork chops are legit.

I do have to agree with Cattleman's for being over rated. Not horrific, but not worth waiting an hour to eat there. If I want a premium steak, I will make a reservation for The Ranch and enjoy a perfect meal with crabcakes and prime ribeye.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Casa Bonita in Tulsa four or five years ago. It had reopened under new management. Worst kind of any food anywhere, i could not eat it and no-one else at our table could either. Needless to say it didn't stay open very long.
I loved the original one when it was open, food was great and great atmosphere and service.

oh yeah, I forgot about that one. HORRIBLE!!!!
A friend of mine thought it was the best thing ever. I think she was on something.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me its a toss up between TGIFridays or a Chili's or IHOP for worst almost every time Im there with Cracker Barrel and/or AppleBees and possibly Fudruckers tied for second.

(Being a southern California native its kind of funny hearing people in a landlocked state argue about seafood, the ocean, where good seafood is and isnt, etcetc. Guess it similar to listening to California people talk about good BBQ. In a state where fresh water fish is abundant I find this talk weird but not unusual.

Growing up in San Diego we used to ride our bikes down to the beach areas to get cheap seafood at the fish shacks, and then living in San Francisco we lived close enough to the bay where we would walk down to the piers and get seafood in quite a few different restaurants just feet from the ocean, seafood as fresh as you could get it. And you would think it was seafood heavan. Not entirely, not every place anyways. Even though I do have my fave place to get fish tacos in San Diego and fave places to get good crablegs in the bay area. Some of the places in San Fran though, and most all charge outrageous prices, just are not very good. No matter how fresh the fish is, if the cooking isnt good the food sure as hell isnt going to be very good. Just beware if you travel there and expect the seafood to be awesome just because its near the ocean. You can find great places though, just ask around when there.

In Tulsa we go to Bodeans or White River for our seafood where they state that they get their seafood flown in fresh daily. White River being near the airport I kind of believe its close to that fresh and I have never eaten a bad meal there, same as at Bodeans which is the higher priced of the two, but neither place has ever knocked me out as great. But then I also have never had a bad meal at any Red Lobster. Yep, people in southern Cali go to Red Lobster too. Ive even been to a Red Lobster where we could see the ocean from our table. Anywhere I have lived, from Iowa to California, Red Lobsters food has always tasted good, to me. Bill Darden started the very first Red Lobster near Orlando FL, even though to me their restaurants here in Tulsa seem to have more of a New England coastal feel to them rather than Florida or the Keyes.

The best seafood I have ever eaten in my life has been in either New Orleans, or when my brother and friends dive for abalone in the bay area and have us over for dinner afterwards- its so badass I will fly out there just to eat it since its only an annual event).

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Red lobster. Fish daddys fried shrimp is much, much better IMHO.

I've heard cracker barrel sucks but i've never been there. Somebody described it as atwoods with food.

Another one that didnt impress me any at all was ruby tuesday. I didnt like the atmosphere of the place, reminds me of red lobster crossed with another restaurant i cant put my finger on.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truck Stop Cafe in Woodward. I was in the area bird hunting and was lured in by the number of trucks in the parking lot. I mean come on, truck drivers are supposed to know their food, right? WRONG! I ordered and omlette and was in the bathroom not long after finishing my meal!

Last edited:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some guys on here raved about their burger so I gave it a try about two years ago. That burger would have been utterly forgettable except that Im still pissed I paid so much for meat, bread and cheese.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard cracker barrel sucks but i've never been there. Somebody described it as atwoods with food.

In my experience its all about which one you eat at. There are some good ones and some bad ones. I like Cracker Barrel if its a good one, but if you get a bad one it is an awful eating experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom