Yeti coolers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with most things, as time passes there are refinements and reduction in cost by competition. About a month ago I almost bought a Yeti. Then I checked out the new Igloo Sportsman 55. It is roto-molded like the Yeti, gasket sealed and similar amount of insulation, yet has better drain plug, handles and rubber latches. And is about half the price. I go on a three day camping trip and I'm dumping out ice at the end. I'm working on adjusting to how much less ice I need to start with. The $200 saved can buy me a real good tent or sleeping bag or... you get the picture. Yeti was king shizz, but the compition just caught up, and in my opinion, passed them up.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a vintage 1970-ish Coleman all steel cooler at a garage sale a few years ago for a dollar... its red paint is wearing through to surface rust, took a whole can of wd40 to get the latch smoothed out, and it's totally bitchin. Keeps ice/cold beer for about 3 days in summer... best dollar I ever spent.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a review of Yeti vs cheaper coolers, which is what we are talking about. Now Yeti vs other high end coolers may be a different story. Why would I spend $380 on a 50qt Yeti if I could spend $40 on a Coleman for the same results??? Like I said before, these are my own opinions. Other have good results with their coolers, but have they tried a Yeti?? Once you go Yeti you do go back, lol

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you're not an accountant.
i.imgur.com_LcgnA4M.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom