You Better Listen To What They Say!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in fourth grade my dad has his yearly two week guard training in Virginia. One weekend we went to D.C and watched to Changing of the Guards on of my dads guard buddies squatted down to take a picture and they told him to stand up.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched this in person. Pretty solemn. Can't understand people who don't understand that.

Same here. Walking through Arlington while I was still in the Navy was one of the most solemn events of my life. The rest of my trip to DC paled in comparison.

Even at that, there were several times that I had to stop and pick up trash. Trash! That made me want to shed a few tears more than anything.

I have walked the grounds in many places where our forefathers fought and camped during the Revolution and the Civil War, but never have I felt so moved and never do I think I have stood on a more hallowed ground than at Arlington. I don't care what anyone thinks of me as I type this, but the vivid image of the pattern of tombstones stretched out as far as I could see is etched in my mind, and is the only thing I know of that brings tears to my eyes whenever I think of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom