Ham Radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The website hamexam.org has a technician class study guide to download free, and practice exams through amateur extra. I used it to get my tech and general the same day. KI5JOI
IMG_0817.jpeg

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sailed with a guy that was a ham, and we had a sideband on the boat, and everyday at 1800 he would call his wife, in Newport News, and we would all be laying in our bunks listening, and it was the coolest thing, they talked about news, and family stuff, and we were out in the middle of the Atlantic, after that, I always wanted to get my ticket, but back then you had to know some Morse and my hearing was so bad I couldn't tell a dit from a dot, so that it.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sailed with a guy that was a ham, and we had a sideband on the boat, and everyday at 1800 he would call his wife, in Newport News, and we would all be laying in our bunks listening, and it was the coolest thing, they talked about news, and family stuff, and we were out in the middle of the Atlantic, after that, I always wanted to get my ticket, but back then you had to know some Morse and my hearing was so bad I couldn't tell a dit from a dot, so that it.
It’s never too late and code is no longer required.

The easiest way I found to study for the tests (Tech and General) was to read through the study guides and review the test questions and answers. I then downloaded testing apps to my cell phone that would randomize all the test questions with the multiple choice answers. The apps provided the questions and correct answers, and also simulated the test. I used the app whenever I had a free minute over a week or two. When I took the test for my Tech License, I was done in less than 15 minutes. The General took a little longer to study, but the test wasn’t difficult using the same study routine. I was done with that test in maybe 30 min or so.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s never too late and code is no longer required.

The easiest way I found to study for the tests (Tech and General) was to read through the study guides and review the test questions and answers. I then downloaded testing apps to my cell phone that would randomize all the test questions with the multiple choice answers. The apps provided the questions and correct answers, and also simulated the test. I used the app whenever I had a free minute over a week or two. When I took the test for my Tech License, I was done in less than 15 minutes. The General took a little longer to study, but the test wasn’t difficult using the same study routine. I was done with that test in maybe 30 min or so.
Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom