You Better Listen To What They Say!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as far as I have been led to understand the Tomb Guards are unarmed save the bayonet. I had a drill sergeant who was an old Tomb Guard. He said they had standing orders to protect the tomb with the most reasonable force necessary required. What that means to me is they will beat your ass if you really screw up. Now there is a MP unit very very close by at all times some plainclothes ans some uniformed (all armed) ready to act with deadly force if necessary. That is what I know.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as far as I have been led to understand the Tomb Guards are unarmed save the bayonet. I had a drill sergeant who was an old Tomb Guard. He said they had standing orders to protect the tomb with the most reasonable force necessary required. What that means to me is they will beat your ass if you really screw up. Now there is a MP unit very very close by at all times some plainclothes ans some uniformed (all armed) ready to act with deadly force if necessary. That is what I know.

if you watch this video you see the Guard with the sidearm. He is locked and loaded and when the new guard came out for changing you see the armed MP in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XceYiVTT8XE&feature=player_embedded

Right on. Thanks for the info.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am no expert by any means, but have followed the Guard for some time. They are so disciplined, just amazing, and I could not do that but I am old. They can NOT drink for the rest of their lives, and so forth. I may be incorrect, but these soldiers are amazing. Thanks for bringing this subject to our attention.
Old Lone Wolf

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The change of the guard is the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life. I hope to make it back to Arlington several times in my life. Much respect for this ceremony. It is a very solemn place to visit and makes me very proud.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched this in person. Pretty solemn. Can't understand people who don't understand that.

I have never seen this in person but I know if I did I would have a very wet face, not from the humidity from the Potomac! Sorry, I am a really old softy in my old age. NO I take that back, anyone seeing the tomb and the soldiers in action, well, if they don't cry, well, something, may not be right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom