You guys ever eat "poverty" junk food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that why all those slow a--ed people won't get out of the way in the grocery store ?!?!?!?!?
They ain't looking for groceries, they're PEOPLE SHOPPING ????
Sweet Baby Jesus.
I guess it makes sense now.
I lived in freakin Poteau for a year. Their Walmart actually had a snack bar in it with booths. Saturday night it was standing room only, I think you needed reservations, I know bib overalls were required. It was literally impossible to shop, every isle was clotted with "folks visitin" if you had the audacity to politely say "excuse me" you got the stink eye big time.

Last edited:

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to brag, and I may be biased, but I’m a pretty dang good cook. I can make some fancy stuff, my from scratch beef stroganoff made with ribeyes is to die for. My Shepherds Pie is famous. I can make some amazing duck confit. I’ll put my steaks up against any restaurant in the city (with my palate to judge at least). I can put wine/booze with cheese, chocolate, and the main course. But there’s just something about that dinty moore beef stew that scratches an itch that nothing else can scratch. Especially if you pair it with some white bread and butter to dip in it. I prefer the white bread cause we never got it growing up, and because of that I convinced myself for some silly reason that white bread was for fancy people, lol.

Don’t even get me started on spam. I buy it in bulk, and while I prefer to eat it for breakfast fried with sticky rice and sunny side up eggs, I’ll eat it stir fried, grilled, pan fried, in musubi, baked, and raw. A honeymoon in Hawaii was probably the closest I’ll ever get to heaven.
I'm sorry to inform you but when you used the phrase "to die for" you automatically lost your man card...

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My great grand mother got that cheese and she would give some to us. The cheese in the early MREs somewhat reminded me of that. About 15 years ago I got down on my luck and got the "commodity" Salmon in a can at a food pantry. Just a hunk of Salmon gutted in a can. Was Great.
My mom would squeeze a penny so hard you could hear Lincoln scream. She found out if you were on SS you could get the free commodities regardless of income (meals on wheels too) so after that I had to take her to get them every month. I was shocked at how many Caddies and Lincolns were there, I guess rich people know how to get rich. She didn't drive so I also had to take her to EVERY grocery store on Wednesdays to buy just the loss leaders they advertise. I told her I was spending way more on gas than she was saving and I'd offer to just buy her what she wanted at ONE store but she'd stove up then and said she would just not buy ANY groceries. She wouldn't buy green bananas in case she died before they got ripe. I think they quit giving out free lollipops to the kids at homeland because she would stuff her pockets with them. She only used sweetener but wouldn't buy any though. There was a deli at one grocery that had condiments for coffee and tea and she'd stuff her pockets with their "free" sweetener! She was one huge pain in the ass 24/7/365 but I sure miss her.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to absolutely L-O-V-E vienna sausages (we called em monkey dicks) and spam and tons upon tons of plain ol wieners, hot links (Earl Campbells FTW) and any kind of smoked sausage or polska kielbasa, but thanks to gout, I can't enjoy that stuff anymore.

:cry11:

My father's go-to snack was always saltines and sardines. :puke:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to absolutely L-O-V-E vienna sausages (we called em monkey dicks) and spam and tons upon tons of plain ol wieners, hot links (Earl Campbells FTW) and any kind of smoked sausage or polska kielbasa, but thanks to gout, I can't enjoy that stuff anymore.

:cry11:

My father's go-to snack was always saltines and sardines. :puke:

Oh haha! The kids called them Peter peckers. I dunno ... 🤷🤷 I was afraid to ask ... 😬😂😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom