You guys ever eat "poverty" junk food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man Vienna sausages, Bernie weenies, potted ham, spam, ramen noodles. When I was little raised by a single dad who was poor we just ate what he did lol. Beans and cornbread all the time. Even when we weren’t poor anymore we still ate it. I keep some spam in hand and bologna oh sweet fried bologna.
This is Oklahoma, it's pronounced VIENNEE!

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first job when I moved here 42 yrs ago was night watchmen at a truck terminal on weekends, it was like a graveyard all weekend. There was a QT close by where I bought my lunches. They didn't have them where I grew up. I would get two of those big sammies you had to nuke, a bag of chips, a Big Gulp and one of those little frosted cakes wrapped in plastic for 5 bucks! Those days are long gone. I had to pick my wife up at the airport at 1:30 a.m. Sunday and thought I'd grab a slice or a dog and a sweet tea at QT. Forget about it. The only hot food was a couple dogs that looked like the Crypt Keeper wouldn't eat em and every drop of tea was drained. So I opted for my nostalgic meal. Nope, the nuke sammie selection is now quite pathetic. One thing I did discover, if you want a fresh donut at QT get there at midnite. Apparently by 9am their 12 hours old. Oh well, the good ol days can't last forever. At least they still have the little cakes with even more flavors now.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between threads like this one and the food and cooking thread, I'm about to come to the conclusion that they need to rename the forums.
Boy you got that right, been on here two years, sold a couple guns but have yet to buy one. I tend to go ahead and just buy new ones when guys are asking over retail for used ones.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of my weaknesses. Grilled to crispy on the grittle with 2 fried eggs and metric **** ton of hot sauce, will change your life. And raise your BP to an all time high 😀
View attachment 403078
This used to be one of my breakfast staples - until they changed up the recipe by adding MSG a couple years ago. I'm allergic to MSG - no matter how they disguise it with a couple of other names for the same stuff.

Loved it, and I miss it.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom