Your first vehicle ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2020-5-9_18-54-49.jpeg
Looked like this,not actual pic

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was a 1977 El Camino - same color as the one in the picture, but paint was in terrible shape. There is a little compartment with a flip up door behind the driver's side of the bench seat. When cleaning it out after I bought it, i found a small case with assorted drug 'paraphernalia'!
77 el camino.jpg

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my first when I was in the 8th grade when I was 13,,,,my first hunting vehicle a 1948 Jeep. When I was 16 I bought a 1958 Ford and kept it about 3 months and swapped it for a 1956 Chevy (good trade).

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first car was a 81 Plymouth Horizon w/ 1.7L 4 cylinder. Considering my mom was a single parent with four kids, worked a minimum wage job + child support, I was happy to have gotten it. This was the base of base models. No power anything, no a/c, factory radio had been a single speaker in the dash but someone had replaced it with a stereo and put in cheap door speakers. The car suffered a tragic death my senior year, two car accidents within 3 weeks of each other, the 2nd was a head on collision that utterly destroyed it. Anyone who lived in Moore at the time would have recognized it as I drove around with a 102" steel whip antenna off the back bumper. My mom called it my rc car.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first car I ever got to drive was my brothers 1980 Camaro Berlinetta when he went off for his freshman year of college.
Looked just like this one. Had Alpine speakers and an Alpine cassette player. Thought it was bad a$$.

80cam.jpg

My first. The one that I could call my own. Wasn't a muscle car, but it was mine.
That would be the 1987 Isuzu P'Up that I got the summer after my junior year of high school.…..looked just like the poster.
Loved that little truck. Tons of memories with this one.

87pup.jpg

Last edited:

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was $300 76 F100 when I was 16. It was faded white/red two tone with a brown door and a welded in ladder rack.The truck broke down constantly. I rode the bus to school more often than not because the pos was so hard to start.
The greatest story about this truck was when I finally got job and a decent car, I decided I was going to take the truck to the well known mud holes at the lake and absolutely destroy it. That one single day though, that truck was invincible. Never got stuck, never broke down. I ended up trading it to my neighbor for some PS1 games!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was $300 76 F100 when I was 16. It was faded white/red two tone with a brown door and a welded in ladder rack.The truck broke down constantly. I rode the bus to school more often than not because the pos was so hard to start.
The greatest story about this truck was when I finally got job and a decent car, I decided I was going to take the truck to the well known mud holes at the lake and absolutely destroy it. That one single day though, that truck was invincible. Never got stuck, never broke down. I ended up trading it to my neighbor for some PS1 games!
HAHA!! Traded a truck for some video games! Never heard that one before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom