Zombies being used in official training...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid waste of precious resources. Want to train? Fine. Want to use special effects, play actors, and realistic scenarios? Got it...BTDT. I see zero value added by incorporating "Zombies" into the training event....they emulate nothing. And that's coming from a fan of the zombie genre.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. Teaching the responders how to think outside the box and adapt to odd situations, while having a little seasonal fun.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid waste of precious resources. Want to train? Fine. Want to use special effects, play actors, and realistic scenarios? Got it...BTDT. I see zero value added by incorporating "Zombies" into the training event....they emulate nothing. And that's coming from a fan of the zombie genre.

I think it's similar to using actors to play terrorists or urban gangs, except with zombies, you don't have to dress up people like certain minorities. This way they train for the same things and don't offend law abiding minorities. I think it's a great idea.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are said zombies going to behave like urban gangs or terrorists? Are they going to use the tactics, techniques, and procedures of gangs and terrorists? Are they going to react to verbal, non-verbal, lethal, and non-lethal techniques like humans (drug impaired or not)? If yes, then ok...if not, then I stick to my original comment....stupid waste of resources.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adds a bit of humor to some training that is probably usually boring. Plus since the training is scheduled for Oct 31, it's put a holiday flair to it.

I found it interesting that the Feds are assuming automatic jurisdiction. Maybe this is what they have in mind for the FEMA forces that have been talked about on here.

"No doubt when a zombie apocalypse occurs, it's going to be a federal incident, so we're making it happen," Barker said. Since word got out about the exercise, they've had calls from "every whack job in the world" about whether the U.S. government is really preparing for a zombie event.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as they learn the rules they should be okay. Cardio, The Double Tap, Beware of Bathrooms, Wear Seat Belts, No Attachments, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom