Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. He was hurting pretty bad from mile 17 on, but he really toughed it out and got his first marathon finish. He didnt get much training in before the marathon.

It actually was a lot of fun to run one with a friend.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. He was hurting pretty bad from mile 17 on, but he really toughed it out and got his first marathon finish. He didnt get much training in before the marathon.

It actually was a lot of fun to run one with a friend.
4:30 without much training is impressive, especially given the wind today.

It's certainly generous of you to pace your buddy like that. I was pretty much on my own the entire way, which sure wasn't what I planned on.

ETA: Here's the GPS track of my run today, just in case anyone is interested: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1140405934

Last edited:

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran the warrior dash yesterday, first mile and a half was going great, was 8th in the competitive wave, broke a vertebra in my back a while back, hit a hill about 125 yards long at a hell of a grade, needless to say from there on out I was extremely unhappy with my results, 7 months of training and crap finish, now to figure out if back can handle another obstacle race next Saturday, only time will tell

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran the warrior dash yesterday, first mile and a half was going great, was 8th in the competitive wave, broke a vertebra in my back a while back, hit a hill about 125 yards long at a hell of a grade, needless to say from there on out I was extremely unhappy with my results, 7 months of training and crap finish, now to figure out if back can handle another obstacle race next Saturday, only time will tell

Sounds like you pushed through some pain. I hope its better for you next Saturday.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you pushed through some pain. I hope its better for you next Saturday.

Rested yesterday, hit the gym hard this morning to work through soreness, off to chiropractor this afternoon to "put me back in place" so to speak, I've broke plenty of bones but a vertebra down the road heal wise sucks period, but considering everything today was just more fatigued working through the soreness, hopefully I can play last Saturday off on the two hour drive up there at 5 in the morning and hopefully that's what played a factor in me stiffening up, I can say this no matter how much I stretched and tried to warm up Saturday nothing felt normal, cross my fingers this week

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4:30 without much training is impressive, especially given the wind today.

It's certainly generous of you to pace your buddy like that. I was pretty much on my own the entire way, which sure wasn't what I planned on.

ETA: Here's the GPS track of my run today, just in case anyone is interested: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1140405934

Very good run. Do you have your next marathon planned?

I am going to take some time off of long distance running. Maybe a year or more.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rested yesterday, hit the gym hard this morning to work through soreness, off to chiropractor this afternoon to "put me back in place" so to speak, I've broke plenty of bones but a vertebra down the road heal wise sucks period, but considering everything today was just more fatigued working through the soreness, hopefully I can play last Saturday off on the two hour drive up there at 5 in the morning and hopefully that's what played a factor in me stiffening up, I can say this no matter how much I stretched and tried to warm up Saturday nothing felt normal, cross my fingers this week
Which one are you doing next Saturday?

Latest posts

Top Bottom