How many of you are "Job Creators"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I create jobs everyday whether I'm working or not.

Actually they say we all do during most days whether we realize it or not. So many companies have cut employees or automated to the point so much these days that we end up doing most of the work ourselves that service workers used to do. Just think about how much stuff you do that a person used to do for people back in the day- you can check yourself out at the grocery store now, then you have to carry your own groceries to your car and unload them your self, you pump your own gas, after you place your food order at the counter at alot of eat places these days you have to get your own plastic utensils to eat your food with on a disposable plate as they have no dishwasher anymore, then you have to go get your food order when they call your name, etc etc.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Landscaping company and also a few farms. I am a Job creater. I have 10 to 18 workers throughout the year. I have been doing this for 30 years. There have been bad years and some very good years. The cost of doing business has gotten so great that I may have to let a few go and start doing even more of the physical work myself and ask that remaining workers step up and do more.

daugbl5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feed 5 families. Life for them is better than they have ever had it. I am proud to be a small business owner but I have to say, it can be quite stressful at times...

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually they say we all do during most days whether we realize it or not. So many companies have cut employees or automated to the point so much these days that we end up doing most of the work ourselves that service workers used to do. Just think about how much stuff you do that a person used to do for people back in the day- you can check yourself out at the grocery store now, then you have to carry your own groceries to your car and unload them your self, you pump your own gas, after you place your food order at the counter at alot of eat places these days you have to get your own plastic utensils to eat your food with on a disposable plate as they have no dishwasher anymore, then you have to go get your food order when they call your name, etc etc.

Some of that is true and some isn't, only because I'm still a pup and I've always carried out my own groceries, loaded and unloaded myself, pumped my own gas, grab my own utensils, disposed of trash myself, and picked up my food orders. I can say that I attempt to force people to get jobs too while I work :D

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JesseR, unless I am mistaken you are exempt from Obamacare because you have less than 50 employees.

Yes buy my suppliers aren't and that costs get passed to me, and from me to my employees and my customers as well as to you through other channels. It's all going to trickle down... You can either have trickle down growth or trickle down recession...

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's funny that people say importing goods or contracting goods to be made over seas is killing our economy. The people here will not pay extra for something because it is american made, they won't. If the company knows they can't make something cheap enough for the average "cheapest version possible" american then how can you blame them for not doing it? It's not even something you can entirely blame on the economy either, quality and american made just doesn't mean anything to people anymore, not like it did, they would rather buy something 10 times because it keeps breaking, than pay what 5 of those costs for one of high quality. It's the name of the game, if it's not cheap then you're not going to sell it unless someone HAS to have it such as gas or electricity

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sit on the business committee of the largest employer in our area.
Over the last 10 years we have created over 1500 new jobs.

My main employment is educating people for careers in the Engineering fields.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if it's not cheap then you're not going to sell it unless someone HAS to have it such as gas or electricity

Not really. It's just that's the largest market segment. There are many people who will by quality and long term savings over cheap and short term cost. Ever since I switched my target market to that group, I've been much happier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom