I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what a ADL and BDL inlet is and also clearly don't know the difference. I'm gonna build my own Manners stock and I don't know what to choose. My rifle is gonna be a left handed 300 Win Mag Remington action. Buts that's all I know. So I need some help.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The BDL has a floorplate that opens at the push of a button allowing cartridges in the magazine to fall free when unloading the rifle.
The ADL doesn't have a floorplate that opens. The rifle must be unloaded by cycling the cartridges thru the action one at a time.

The BDL style is often chosen when ordering a custom stock but requires the BDL style bottom metal.
It also allows for detachable magazine system to be installed.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The BDL has a floorplate that opens at the push of a button allowing cartridges in the magazine to fall free when unloading the rifle.
The ADL doesn't have a floorplate that opens. The rifle must be unloaded by cycling the cartridges thru the action one at a time.

The BDL style is often chosen when ordering a custom stock but requires the BDL style bottom metal.
It also allows for detachable magazine system to be installed.
So would a BDL inlay be better?

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is up to you and what the rifle will be used for.
The ADL style is offered for 2 reasons, cheaper to produce and less parts to fail in the field, these
are features are often preferred for hunting rifles.
The BDL style is also favored for ease of unloading when used on a hunting rifle. That is it's only advantage.

What will the rifle be used for?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Model 700 ADL and the BDL?
Table of Contents

Overview
Overview
The ADL-BDL designations were originally acronyms for A Grade Deluxe and B Grade Deluxe. The deluxe term was once tacked on to the end of the model designation: Model 700 ADL Deluxe and Model 700 BDL Custom Deluxe.

Both models use similar barreled actions, which feature the strongest actions made, exceptionally crisp triggers and 3.0 millisecond lock times. However, the Model 700 BDL is fit with a hinged floor plate or detachable magazine (DM) that allows the shooter to unload ammunition through the bottom of the rifle by opening the floor plate or removing the magazine. The Model 700 ADL uses a blind magazine and can only be unloaded through the top by working the bolt open and closed.

Both models are offered in variety of styles, calibers and options to meet individual needs, preferences, and hunting conditions. The Model 700 ADL was discontinued in 2005.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is up to you and what the rifle will be used for.
The ADL style is offered for 2 reasons, cheaper to produce and less parts to fail in the field, these
are features are often preferred for hunting rifles.
The BDL style is also favored for ease of unloading when used on a hunting rifle. That is it's only advantage.

What will the rifle be used for?
The rifle is intended to be used as a "sniper rifle" (for lack of a better term).
Since it is in 300 Win Mag that's it's only purpose really. Pretty much SHTF and go. So I'm not sure to get a BDL and have it mag fed or just leave it ADL and load it from the top.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rifle is intended to be used as a "sniper rifle" (for lack of a better term).
Since it is in 300 Win Mag that's it's only purpose really. Pretty much SHTF and go. So I'm not sure to get a BDL and have it mag fed or just leave it ADL and load it from the top.

Mag fed allows you to have spare magazine(s) loaded ready to go. Also allows you to carry the magazine loaded ready to insert in rifle when needed, rather than having to feed rounds into the blind magazine.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Go with BDL, and a PTG bottom metal and rack it and stack it.

Sent from no where

Latest posts

Top Bottom