What do you guys think on Russia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we've been better than Russia ever will. We're not perfect but I think we make an honest attempt to avoid civilian casualties. I didn't serve over there but that is the impression that I'm under.

Can you imagine what Russia or China would have done if they had a 9/11 and had the same military capabilities we do.

I was referring to the fact that we supported Saddam while he was gassing his people...with weapons we gave him.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we've been better than Russia ever will. We're not perfect but I think we make an honest attempt to avoid civilian casualties. I didn't serve over there but that is the impression that I'm under.

Can you imagine what Russia or China would have done if they had a 9/11 and had the same military capabilities we do.
all that is true...but...it would all ne over now...much like Hiroshima and Nagasaki....you cant fight a war - any war and not have civilian casualties - large numbers of civilian casualties...it is what it is...war...

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A least their leader has balls. I guess after Obama's famous " I'll have more freedom to do things after I'm reelected " to a Russian official, I'm thinking Obama is in with them behind our backs . I know Obama has just about killed the coal industry and hurt the steel industry some. I saw some Russian I-beams in the refinery last week.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did shoot down a passenger plane over the Ukraine and supported a dictator who used a nerve gas to kill a bunch of people. He's just as brutal with terrorists so there's that.

I try not to buy Russian ammo for the reasons stated above.

The fact that people still believe the "gas" fable is a testament to the efficacy of our propaganda machine. No concrete proof of Russian collusion in the downing of the airliner, either.

Russia is not an enemy, just a competitor. And Putin isn't a "madman", just a better leader.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that people still believe the "gas" fable is a testament to the efficacy of our propaganda machine. No concrete proof of Russian collusion in the downing of the airliner, either.

Russia is not an enemy, just a competitor. And Putin isn't a "madman", just a better leader.
So who shot down that plane?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was raised to think everything communist is evil. Truth is Putin is no BS when it comes to war. Remember WWII when Churchill had to convince Roosevelt to bomb cities to crush the Nazi's? It worked Unlike our nicer (no collateral damage) war plans that include if a group of terrorist kill a dozen US soldiers and are seen running into a mosque we don't attach because innocents may get harmed. Putin sees a few terrorist on the west side of a city and he flattens 10 square blocks and lets allah figure out who gets the virgins.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did shoot down a passenger plane over the Ukraine and supported a dictator who used a nerve gas to kill a bunch of people. He's just as brutal with terrorists so there's that.

I try not to buy Russian ammo for the reasons stated above.
The US shot down an Iranian passenger plane and has supported many murderous dictators over the years. Sounds like the US and Russia were made for each other!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is evidence that the gas attack was carried out by Syrian rebels under the guidance of Turkish intelligence operatives in an effort to get Obama to think Syria had crossed his red line. They hoped to draw the US in to help overthrow Assad. Google Seymour Hersh and Syria gas attack. Hersh was an experienced journalist.

My guess is that the Russian backed rebels shot down the plane thinking it was a military plane. Russia obviously supplied the missile used so they have to deny involvement of their proxies as well as their own culpability in supplying the weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom