10fp newbie build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i recently acquired a 10 fp and plan on getting a b&c a2 medalist stock for it after christmas, and i was wondering what a good base and rings(not cheap by no means but not top tier) i just need some very solid from like to keep it under $100. and was wondering if any of you have had any eaperience w this scope?

http://swfa.com/Millett-4-16x50-TRS-1-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P8812.aspx
this will be a shooter ? hunting on occasion rifle. no competition, but i want is "accurate"on a budget, i wouldnt think i'll be shooting 800 plus but id like a good shooting rifle on a so called budget.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say go with Warne rings and base. The base can be had with a 20 MOA rise built in, the rings can be quick detach or dedicated. Great equipment for the money.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 10 fple in .223 . I shoot mine out to 500m {550yds} and use a Leupold 6.5 X 20 shooting 6 & 9 in steel plates . 800 yds is a pretty good poke,at that distance you can't skimp on the scope . Never owned a Millet scope but I have used their rings.

Nikon Monarch 5 x 20 runs around $500 ,another thought is a used Leupold with their warranty I would not hesitate.

pbcaster45

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Burris Signature Rings, never had a scope slip and they don't mar the finish.

ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc265_pbcaster45_Savage10FLPwithMcMillanHTGStock.jpg

+1 on Warne bases

Under $100

ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc265_pbcaster45_WarneBaseBurrisRings.jpg

Over $100 Badger Ordnance!

ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc265_pbcaster45_M700SPSwith168grNoslerBallisticTip1.jpg

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i recently acquired a 10 fp and plan on getting a b&c a2 medalist stock for it after christmas, and i was wondering what a good base and rings(not cheap by no means but not top tier) i just need some very solid from like to keep it under $100. and was wondering if any of you have had any eaperience w this scope?

http://swfa.com/Millett-4-16x50-TRS-1-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P8812.aspx
this will be a shooter ? hunting on occasion rifle. no competition, but i want is "accurate"on a budget, i wouldnt think i'll be shooting 800 plus but id like a good shooting rifle on a so called budget.

I got the TRS-2 from Josh-L and I like it. My only complaint is that it is fairly heavy. I think it's a great bang for the buck. It's not a high end optic, but for my use it has done just fine.

Send a PM to Josh-L and see if he has any available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom