1911 Anyone?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the golf balling looks awesome, but I'm just wanting the top flattened & the slide bottom beveled. Maybe someday, on another gun, I'll get golf balling. But IMHO it has to be a single colored (Frame/Slide) pistol or it won't look as good.
I don't, I think it looks retarded. :) Same thing for those golf ball grips, they just look weird, like something you would see in an 80's alien horror movie.
I own guns with 25LPI, 30LPI and currently own a Rogers golfballed gun, go with the golfballing and you won't be sorry. It actually is a bit more grippy than traditional checkering.
Completely agree, it does have a lot more grip than checkering... I'll admit... it's a strictly cosmetic reason for me not liking it.
Hint: get all your machine work done at once, otherwise you'll be sorry later.

Agree with this too... if you don't do it right now, you're likely to never do it because of all the extra cost associated with it (I.E. refinishing).

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the one that the wife bought me for my birthday last summer and then took it back the next day after she shot it. It is a Wilson Professional with a light rail.
[Broken External Image]

She later told me I could call Wilson and order whatever I wanted. I ordered a Tactical Supergrade in stainless with a bull barrel.
[Broken External Image]

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did we guess that when GED finally got his 1911 that it would be a Smith? :yelclap:

Why of course I wanted a Smith & Wesson. Chances are, if S&W had never made one, then I woulda probly never owned one. ;)

American made, baby! That's what it's all about! :patriot:

A 1911 made anywhere but in the good ol' U-S of A is kinda like a Ford or a Chevy being made in some third world country. :ugh2:

Well, I hit the range this morning and my suspicions were confirmed. It's gonna need a new recoil spring. I don't know if it has a 10 or 12 pounder in it now or if maybe it's just worn out, but with my very first magazine, I had a FTF on the very last round. Got h8ung up on the feed ramp. Not to waste any precious ammo, I didn't fire it anymore because frankly, I knew it would happen again. :rolleyes2

I had a feeling it would need one because the slide cycles way too softly. When you lock it back, insert a mag and thumb down the slide stop, it goes forward in kinda slow motion. So yeah, I knew it would need one.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, it's a Smith what did you expect:screwy:. What am I talking about, anyone who would own a Glock " wouldn't know a good 1911 if they were hit in the head with one:wink2::patriot::madbox::madbox:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why of course I wanted a Smith & Wesson. Chances are, if S&W had never made one, then I woulda probly never owned one. ;)

A 1911 made anywhere but in the good ol' U-S of A is kinda like a Ford or a Chevy being made in some third world country. :ugh2:

Well, I hit the range this morning and my suspicions were confirmed. It's gonna need a new recoil spring. I don't know if it has a 10 or 12 pounder in it now or if maybe it's just worn out, but with my very first magazine, I had a FTF on the very last round. Got h8ung up on the feed ramp. Not to waste any precious ammo, I didn't fire it anymore because frankly, I knew it would happen again. :rolleyes2

I had a feeling it would need one because the slide cycles way too softly. When you lock it back, insert a mag and thumb down the slide stop, it goes forward in kinda slow motion. So yeah, I knew it would need one.

10 or 12 pounds sounds awfully light. I'd put a 16 pounder in it. I run a 14 in mine but I shoot 200 grain spider fart loads in it. I may go to 13lbs yet.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10 or 12 pounds sounds awfully light. I'd put a 16 pounder in it. I run a 14 in mine but I shoot 200 grain spider fart loads in it. I may go to 13lbs yet.

Well, I plan on shooting 230gr hardball almost exclusively on the range, but my carry load is gonna be the 200gr Hornady XTP. And I doubt that I will ever put a +P round thru it. :disappoin

I was thinking an 18 pounder would be about right.

Isn't that what JMB put in his first one? ;)

GED, it's a Smith what did you expect:screwy:. What am I talking about, anyone who would own a Glock " wouldn't know a good 1911 if they were hit in the head with one:wink2::patriot::madbox::madbox:

Bastardo... :slap:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are you sure you're not limp wristing it????

Oh come on now, somebody was going to say it eventually! I'm kidding of course. I think that recoil springs are a regular maintenance item on 1911's. My first 1911 was a beautiful SW1911PD that has since been sold to a good Friend of mine. If I were in the market for another 1911 it would be at the very top of my list.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I plan on shooting 230gr hardball almost exclusively on the range, but my carry load is gonna be the 200gr Hornady XTP. And I doubt that I will ever put a +P round thru it. :disappoin

I was thinking an 18 pounder would be about right.

Isn't that what JMB put in his first one? ;)

Bastardo... :slap:

It was either 16 or 18. I'd go 18 with +p loads and 16 with any other factory carry/defense load if it were me. If I ever carry mine I'll swap springs, the load I shoot is for competition only. So ya it's barely over major power factor and needs a lighter spring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom