1911 noob ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
has anyone ever broke a mag release button? i noticed the other day that after about 225 rounds mine is cracked and it dont look like its supposed to be there? i know i can replace it for only a few dollars so its no big deal. just wondered if i was alone? o btw it happened to my para gi expert esp, a made in the usa gun. imo lacks a little quality but its a great shooting pistol

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of MIM...just depends on who cast it and if they shaved costs on materials and labor...not that Mim can't be as good as tool steel but you have to do a lot of additional heat treating etc. to make it happen
Hi Stan...I also have never scene this happen! But then again you never know what Para is going to do? They do proprietary sear springs and Power extractors...solutions for none issues in 99& 44/100ths of the 1911s out there.
Barry

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of MIM...just depends on who cast it and if they shaved costs on materials and labor...not that Mim can't be as good as tool steel but you have to do a lot of additional heat treating etc. to make it happen
Hi Stan...I also have never scene this happen! But then again you never know what Para is going to do? They do proprietary sear springs and Power extractors...solutions for none issues in 99& 44/100ths of the 1911s out there.
Barry

Tell me about it... good thing they didn't start "improving" JMB's design until after the wars, eh? :)

Of all the parts (MIM or not) that could break... that is probably one of the most unusual things I've heard.

PM inbound Doc...

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barry

BTW Doc, I may be a good bit younger than most of the experienced guys here (Don't worry GED and LDP, I'm not talking about you!!! :drunk2:)... but I got the musical reference. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom