1st day of constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an old rancher that I see once or twice a month at the walmart in central Lawton. Drives a pretty well beat up mid-80's Dodge Ram dually, always has his hat and plaid long sleeve shirt on, and a full gun rig for a very old SAA slung across his hip. Dude has to be in his late 70's.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the thing... if you see someone open carrying today, that doesn't mean they don't have a license and weren't open carrying in October.

I'd think you'd have to see a lot more carrying than you are used to seeing, or see someone carrying a rifle or something that was illegal on 10/31. Seeing one or two here and there doesn't really tell you anything about whether the law has made a difference or not.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as "open" carry, since the new law allows concealed carry without a permit, how many are carrying concealed instead of open?

While I'm not against open carry, it would be a rare event when I were to practice that myself, probably only when on my own property or when hunting...

...and I do my hunting with a camera.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as "open" carry, since the new law allows concealed carry without a permit, how many are carrying concealed instead of open?

While I'm not against open carry, it would be a rare event when I were to practice that myself, probably only when on my own property or when hunting...

...and I do my hunting with a camera.
You should probably conceal carry your camera because you're just asking to have it stolen.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should probably conceal carry your camera because you're just asking to have it stolen.

Dang!!!! All of them?

Right now, I'm down to two cameras, but since I gave one away, the wife has promised to buy me another full frame body. When that happens, I'll be back to three, plus all the lenses.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an old rancher that I see once or twice a month at the walmart in central Lawton. Drives a pretty well beat up mid-80's Dodge Ram dually, always has his hat and plaid long sleeve shirt on, and a full gun rig for a very old SAA slung across his hip. Dude has to be in his late 70's.
God bless him.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you are only referring to "MF'ers" in your comment, but I know lots of folks that don't own firearms, let alone 3 or more.
You sound like a fellow that knows the definition of hyperbole; even though you know gunless okies. for that matter, I thought you don’t even live in this state anymore?

Latest posts

Top Bottom