1st post intro / rant about the BX firearms counter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedBerlina

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, because a military base exchange is a shotty business... Somebody just made a dumb mistake selling something they were supposed to hold. I know they CAN get it because I know where they are getting it from. I also haven't paid for it yet as they allow you to check it out fully when you go there to pick it up before you pay so your argument has no ground to stand on. So yeah, I bow to your "smarts" and your ability to not get into these situations...

I do believe in good business practices. I guess it's harder for others because the norm now-a-days seems to be crappy customer service and "it's not my problem attitude."

BoostedBerlina

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting to that point honestly but I like supporting the base/air force/military any way I can because in turn it will come back to me/my troops some how some way (hopefully).

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, because a military base exchange is a shotty business... Somebody just made a dumb mistake selling something they were supposed to hold. I know they CAN get it because I know where they are getting it from. I also haven't paid for it yet as they allow you to check it out fully when you go there to pick it up before you pay so your argument has no ground to stand on. So yeah, I bow to your "smarts" and your ability to not get into these situations...

I do believe in good business practices. I guess it's harder for others because the norm now-a-days seems to be crappy customer service and "it's not my problem attitude."

Obviously they are a shotty business if someone sold a gun from under you. So now it's a dumb mistake? Okay. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but they told you 2 weeks, not 2 days. Just sayin.

And I do believe in good business practices, but you also gotta know when to get out. If you were so anxious to install all your ninja gadgets and shoot blow 1k of ammo, then, you should've gone somewhere else to get the rifle. Anyways, goodluck with the rifle and enjoy it. ;)

BoostedBerlina

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to argue here, just discussing.

I get the fact that they said it could take up to 2 weeks max (which it's now over that), but when the guy assured me it'd be there in 3 days more than likely, he basically insert his foot in his mouth...

And yeah, I can only say/see it as a dumb mistake that the guy sold it from under me. I don't know this guy, he doesn't know me. I assume he wouldn't have done it maliciously saying "yeah, I'm gonna show this guy for ordering this here gun!" It just really got under my skin at the time that this kinda stuff can happen when I signed paper work for them to hold it.

But yes, I somewhat agree with you that NOW in my eyes they are a shotty firearms dealer.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago to set my expectations for other people much lower than the standards to which I hold myself.

Life gets easier to live with that way...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to argue here, just discussing.

I get the fact that they said it could take up to 2 weeks max (which it's now over that), but when the guy assured me it'd be there in 3 days more than likely, he basically insert his foot in his mouth...

And yeah, I can only say/see it as a dumb mistake that the guy sold it from under me. I don't know this guy, he doesn't know me. I assume he wouldn't have done it maliciously saying "yeah, I'm gonna show this guy for ordering this here gun!" It just really got under my skin at the time that this kinda stuff can happen when I signed paper work for them to hold it.

But yes, I somewhat agree with you that NOW in my eyes they are a shotty firearms dealer.

You've got a valid complaint. Ignore all the "butthurt" comments.

Welcome to OSA.

Are you talking about the Tinker BX?

Yes he is.

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BoostedBerlina, welcome to OSA. I know it was said earlier, but the Tinker BX does not really have the best deals on firearms. They try to push the tax free purchases as a great deal, but they add it back into the price (and this goes for not just firearms). For the "best" deals, you can generally find stuff on-line and have it transferred through a local dealer (there are some good ones on this site) for a nominal fee. On-line purchases don't charge sales tax, and even considering shipping and transfer fees, they often come up cheaper than the base.

On a side note, if you ever want to have you patience tested, order something from DSA (makers of FAL rifles). DSA is notorious for quoting delivery times of "1-3 weeks" that turn into 9-12 months.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey newbie, most of us agree with you that its a sh!tty situation but what it boils down to is just sucking it up until you get your gun. Once you get it then you could never do business there again or screw the BX altogether and get the gun somewhere else.

Many of us have been in similar situations at least once and its not fun when you are anticipating the arrival of a gun like a kid waiting for Christmas. Welcome to OSA and im proud to have witnessed your first butt hurt moment. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom