1st post intro / rant about the BX firearms counter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BoostedBerlina, welcome to OSA. I know it was said earlier, but the Tinker BX does not really have the best deals on firearms. They try to push the tax free purchases as a great deal, but they add it back into the price (and this goes for not just firearms). For the "best" deals, you can generally find stuff on-line and have it transferred through a local dealer (there are some good ones on this site) for a nominal fee. B]On-line purchases don't charge sales tax,[/B] and even considering shipping and transfer fees, they often come up cheaper than the base.

On a side note, if you ever want to have you patience tested, order something from DSA (makers of FAL rifles). DSA is notorious for quoting delivery times of "1-3 weeks" that turn into 9-12 months.

Welcome to OSA Boosted. I agree with all that JTA says, but your only legal "tax exempt" process for obtaining a fire arm is the path you have taken. You are "legally" required to pay a "use" tax on all online purchases according to state law. Hope you get your hearts desire sooner than later.

JTA I know you did not mean to lead astray, but thought I should point out the "little known" infraction you had in your statement.

Last edited:

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bilboben, I know you are supposed file with use tax for on-line purchases, and I realized it after I had posted that. I just know that a lot of people do not (not that it is an excuse).

BoostedBerlina

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was playing the odds. Tinker is mecca for those sorts after all.

Yeah, trust me I've noticed.

Also, I've got an update.

So I was in there after work because my buddy wanted to buy a springfield xd. I decided to ask and guess what... it's still not here even though the manager was "working it" and "it should be in by wednesday." They have until friday. If it's not in by then I'll cancel the order for the guns I have ordered and go get them else where.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was in there after work because my buddy wanted to buy a springfield xd. I decided to ask and guess what... it's still not here even though the manager was "working it" and "it should be in by wednesday." They have until friday. If it's not in by then I'll cancel the order for the guns I have ordered and go get them else where.

Hell, just cancel your order now and get 'em cheaper somewhere else. There are several members on this board that do cheap/free transfers for OSA members.

The BX gun shop has a captive audience and they are selling guns out of that joint faster than a Project Gunrunner sponsored border gun-shop. They won't mind a bit...nor will they be phased by one disgruntled customer. Cut your losses now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom