2016 Presidential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
‘Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities

People like Carson may not actively seek out to reduce firearm liberties but since they do not place a high value on it, when things like Newtown happen they are much more likely to compromise away those rights.

Your link took me to a video game in the App Store.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

good to go, long as you're a hermit...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conserva...ht-to-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And then he has said stupid stuff like this.

He railed against the government's lack of forethought to deal with the national debt. "We're not planning for the future," Carson said. "If we continue to spend ourselves into oblivion, we are going to destroy this nation." He also said the government is treating corporations "as enemies" and that corporate taxes should be lowered to encourage growth. "Corporations are not in business to be social-welfare organizations; they are there to make money," Carson said.

Back in the day when sorporate taxes were at a record high, they were forced to reinvest proffits back into the company to avoid the tax. This resulted in huge growth, better wages, benefits, etc. rather than fat CEO bonuses and reduces labor wages.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if that's all it takes to choke him, he'll never make it with the gay community.

stream1.gifsoup.com_view1_1772176_rimshot_o.gif

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the elections were today, I would be voting for Rand Paul. I think he has what it takes to lead the entire nation. I also like Walker and Cruz but Paul seems especially qualified for the important task ahead.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Historically, those who have made their political decisions on a single issue have paid a price. I find it hard to believe that either Carson or Kasich would actively seek to mess with 2A.

I agree with this. We have much more at stake than just 2A. None of the hard "gun grabbers" have been able to make a dent in this issue, and neither of these guys, or any of the others have any interest in going after anyone's guns. 2A is very important, but there has to be much more to a decision to vote or not vote for anyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom