2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
11683414-C8C5-4ABC-87BC-3CA6C4AAB973.jpeg
8C112468-2C22-4AE1-9523-EF5A29D20A4A.jpeg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loggers?!? Seriously?!?:scratch:
Yep. Allegedly starting around October first...I knew it would be logged, but I thought after the season. Per the landowners son 2 weeks ago, they're halted for 8 weeks due to backlog (no pun intended) at the mill. 8 weeks from 2 weeks ago? Yep.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. Allegedly starting around October first...I knew it would be logged, but I thought after the season. Per the landowners son 2 weeks ago, they're halted for 8 weeks due to backlog (no pun intended) at the mill. 8 weeks from 2 weeks ago? Yep.

Loggers = refund or prorated refund, a limp hand shake and a "thanks a lot" lol

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loggers = refund or prorated refund, a limp hand shake and a "thanks a lot" lol
I tried taking the landowner down, at least for the first year, knowing the logging would occur withing the lease period. He wouldn't budge and I didn't want to go back to public land. I need to find a landowner that doesn't put those leasing for hunting at the bottom of the pecking order. I'm trying to just go with it as beef and oil prices hit lows this year and that's his main income but I'm keeping an eye out for somewhere else. Frustrating as hell.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried taking the landowner down, at least for the first year, knowing the logging would occur withing the lease period. He wouldn't budge and I didn't want to go back to public land. I need to find a landowner that doesn't put those leasing for hunting at the bottom of the pecking order. I'm trying to just go with it as beef and oil prices hit lows this year and that's his main income but I'm keeping an eye out for somewhere else. Frustrating as hell.
One thing to consider is that logging the land will bring up new forbs/grasses and open up areas that deer never used before because logging gets rid of the canopy that keeps the sun from hitting the ground to germinate new plant growth.
It will also possibly allow you to put in some throw and grow food plots that don't need mechanical equipment to produce.
I don't know if it's a clear cut or selective operation.
No matter, it should produce better hunting if it's any kind of hunting that will expose the canopy and allow new growth. Don't give it up.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that logging the land will bring up new forbs/grasses and open up areas that deer never used before because logging gets rid of the canopy that keeps the sun from hitting the ground to germinate new plant growth.
It will also possibly allow you to put in some throw and grow food plots that don't need mechanical equipment to produce.
I don't know if it's a clear cut or selective operation.
No matter, it should produce better hunting if it's any kind of hunting that will expose the canopy and allow new growth. Don't give it up.
Not the only one who told him that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom