2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be great for 2021 season, not so much this year if they show up in October.
Not necessarily. I’ve been in MIH’s situation, and it’s not ideal but not the end of the world for this season. In my experience, deer generally adapt pretty quickly to having loggers on site and don’t pay them much attention to them.
Personally, I’d be mad as hell, but MIH has the right attitude.:thumb:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to say if it is not a squirrel or coon adjusting the aim of my cam then it is the spider building a web across the lens.
Snapchat-1349476097.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that logging the land will bring up new forbs/grasses and open up areas that deer never used before because logging gets rid of the canopy that keeps the sun from hitting the ground to germinate new plant growth.
It will also possibly allow you to put in some throw and grow food plots that don't need mechanical equipment to produce.
I don't know if it's a clear cut or selective operation.
No matter, it should produce better hunting if it's any kind of hunting that will expose the canopy and allow new growth. Don't give it up.
The issue is that they basically clear cut since they're a lumber and pulp operation. Being primarily a bow hunter and this place being roughly 60/40 timber vs field, it's going to hurt. I've never archery hunted western Oklahoma and prefer hunting timber so I have all ladder stands. Guess we'll see what happens. I just hope for a very wet September through January to hold them off.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue is that they basically clear cut since they're a lumber and pulp operation. Being primarily a bow hunter and this place being roughly 60/40 timber vs field, it's going to hurt. I've never archery hunted western Oklahoma and prefer hunting timber so I have all ladder stands. Guess we'll see what happens. I just hope for a very wet September through January to hold them off.
I remember last year when the same landowner was having your lease logged that they didn't touch trees with your stands. You should collect unwanted game cams from people and unwanted tree stands to from a couple protected areas. Lol.

It is unfortunate that it seems as if the loggers are following you around instead of vice versa.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember last year when the same landowner was having your lease logged that they didn't touch trees with your stands. You should collect unwanted game cams from people and unwanted tree stands to from a couple protected areas. Lol.

It is unfortunate that it seems as if the loggers are following you around instead of vice versa.
Yep, that's what I'm doing. I'm placing stands in trees that I think could be good, just to try and protect that tree. Basing it mainly off of terrain at this point given tree lines will disappear. If it rains enough, they'll stay out. Knowing my luck, they'll arrive in November...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'm doing. I'm placing stands in trees that I think could be good, just to try and protect that tree. Basing it mainly off of terrain at this point given tree lines will disappear. If it rains enough, they'll stay out. Knowing my luck, they'll arrive in November...
With any luck, enough cheap climbing spikes, cameras and stands you can save the right trees to make 2 or 3 perfect spots rather than 5 or 6 mediocre spots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom